Job Title: Security Controller
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55287
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Security Controller at the MoD Ashchurch site in Tewkesbury.
As a Security Controller, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll implement and supervise security measures and procedures required, to ensure the protection of all government protectively marked assets held on Babcock premises.
Day to day you will:
- Assist Babcock management in the planning of protective measures for new contracts or amended contracts.
- Ensure that Babcock complies with their security obligations as a company with List X accredited sites.
- Deliver company security instructions (or equivalent) and see that they are readily available, updated and carried out.
- Maintain the company personnel security database and provide an acceptable level of assurance as to the integrity of people who are given authorised access to sensitive government information or valuable assets.
- Arrange a security education programme for staff to ensure employees (particularly new and inexperienced) understand not only the scale and nature of threats but also the protective measures required to meet them.
- Ensure that elements of the Data Protection Act relating to security of information are complied with.
- Ensure that any security breach/incident that is reported to him/her is reported in the incident register and fully investigated, the outcome of which should be forwarded to the Security Operations Manager.
This role is full time, with flexible working and will be based at our Ashchurch site in Tewkesbury.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met.
Essential experience of the Security Controller
- Significant experience of working in a security role within an List X environment.
- Highly proficient IT literacy including an excellent understanding of maximising the effective utilisation of technology.
Qualifications for the Security Controller:
- Full current driving licence.
- Ability to pass government security vetting at all levels required to perform the job.
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.