Job Title: Electrical Services Project Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: £49,943.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent or Fixed Term Contract
Role ID: SF55213
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electrical Services Project Manager at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As an Electrical Services Project Manager, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll take the design through due process/approval and support management and delivery of the construction works.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including scope, requirements, programme, risk, and contract management along with project controls and reporting.
- Facilitate, develop, and agree requirements, project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages in design and physical works phases.
- Manage the planning, monitoring and control of work packages being delivered by internal and external resources/contracts.
- Forecasting of costs and monitor and report against budget.
- Application of configuration and change control to design packages.
- Contribute to the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Electrical Services Project Manager:
- Managing project delivery in a Nuclear Licensed Site environment.
- Design technical governance and configuration through construction and application of change control.
- Management of NEC4 suite of contracts (ECC & PSC options A, C & E)
- CEMAR software
Qualifications for the Electrical Services Project Manager:
- Minimum of HNC/HND (Degree preferred) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- APM project management qualification (minimum PMQ)
- NEC Accredited project manager (preferred)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 12/01/2024