Astronics Connectivity Systems and Certification (formerly Telefonix PDT and Astronics Armstrong Aerospace) serves as the experienced, global market leader for in-flight entertainment and connectivity (IFEC) solutions for aircraft. As a systems certification provider, Astronics CSC has worked on over 100 projects for industry partners to upgrade commercial and business aircraft with new passenger power systems, IFEC navigation, communication and flight safety systems. Additionally, Astronics CSC offers proven IFEC hardware systems, flexible design platforms, high customer satisfaction, and long-term relationships with industry leaders to help make the connected aircraft a reality. The company now employs over 300 employees, and is a six-time recipient of Chicagos Best and Brightest Employers to Work For award.
Performs various duties relating to accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties as assigned.
- Review all vendor invoices for accuracy and enter into accounting system.
- Obtain Project Lead’s approval for engineering invoices.
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounting system. Answer vendor payment inquiries.
- Maintain vendor files including W-9 information. Prepare and File 1099’s at yearend.
- Processing of expense reports and verifying all expenses have receipts and all charges on credit card have been identified.
- Reconcile credit card statements on a timely basis.
- Assist with applying cash receipts.
- Assist with AR collections.
- Customer billing
- Prepare accounts receivable and accounts payable reconciliations.
- Assist in monthly closing of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Work with management on revenue and expense recording, including accruals.
- Maintain files for journal entries, packing slips, and all other accounting documents.
- Responsible for implementing and complying with all ethical and legal compliance requirements.
- Other duties & functions may be assigned to this position as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School or GED.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of accounts payable/accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance.
- Familiarity with ERP software.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with the accounting cycle.
Astronics CSC offers a competitive benefit package which is available to full-time employees. Part-time employees may be eligible on a pro-rated basis for the benefits listed.
- Stay Healthy – Health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, FSA, HSA, as well as voluntary life/AD&D, voluntary critical illness, accident prevention and hospital indemnity.
- Save for the Future – 401K & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Find Balance – Employee Assistance Program & Wellness Program
- Time for You – Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth - Tuition Reimbursement Program
An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
Astronics CSC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail CSC.HR@astronics.com or call: 847-244-4500. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The safety, health and well-being of our employees remains our top priority. Astronics is practicing employee safety precautions while onsite.