For more than 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI) has been the leading independent provider of maintenance support and financial tools to the business aviation industry. With 6,000+ aircraft supported by maintenance programs and software platforms, JSSI leverages this wealth of data and purchasing power to drive cost savings and provide custom solutions that align to the interests of each client, regardless of make or model. Learn more at jetsupport.com.
JSSI products and services include:
Maintenance Programs. Hourly Cost Maintenance Programs to stabilize maintenance budgets, maximize aircraft availability and enhance residual value.
Parts & Leasing. Procurement professionals who leverage JSSI’s scale and go beyond parts sourcing to find optimal customer solutions.
Maintenance Software. Innovative digital tools that deliver actionable maintenance intelligence to enable better maintenance decisions.
Conklin & de Decker. Impartial and accurate data to deliver full transparency into real-world aircraft operating costs.
Advisory Services. Objective insights and independent technical advice from a global team of technical advisors and ASA-accredited appraisers for virtually any business jet, turboprop or helicopter.
Aviation Capital. Customized asset-based finance solutions for business aviation.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our team and help us deliver high-quality business aviation software products to our customers. You will be responsible for testing our software products that perform complex calculations and business logic, using both automated and manual testing techniques. You will also focus on building and maintaining test scripts, benchmarking and measuring the performance of the sites and new releases, identifying regressions in new prospective deployments, and providing feedback and recommendations to the engineering and product teams.
To be successful as a QA Engineer, you should have a strong background in software testing, a keen eye for detail, and excellent problem-solving and communication skills. You should also be familiar with various testing tools and methodologies, such as automation, manual, functional, performance, regression, etc. You should be able to work independently as well as in a team, and be able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Design and implement test plans, test cases, and test scripts for various software products, with concentration on automation and manual testing techniques
- Execute tests, analyze results, and report defects, issues, and errors to the engineering and product teams
- Troubleshoot and debug software products, and provide suggestions and solutions for improvement
- Review and validate software requirements, specifications, and documentation, and provide feedback and recommendations
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure the quality and functionality of the software products throughout the development life cycle
- Communicate and coordinate with the product management / product ownership team to understand the product vision, scope, and features, and ensure they are met and aligned with the quality standards and expectations
- Build and maintain test scripts, using various tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, etc.
- Benchmark and measure the performance of the site, using various tools and metrics, such as load testing, response time, throughput, etc.
- Stay updated with the latest testing tools, technologies, and best practices, and apply them to the testing process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience as a QA Engineer, Software Tester, or similar role in the software industry
- Experience with various automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience with RelicX is a plus
- Experience with various testing methodologies, such as automation, manual, functional, performance, regression, etc.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, agile methodologies, and quality assurance principles and practices
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Java, Python, C#, etc., and scripting languages, such as SQL, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Knowledge of software quality metrics, such as defect density, defect severity, test coverage, etc.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly and effectively
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
JSSI does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team.