Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Guildford || UK, Europe & Africa : UK : London
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.Role Summary
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our busy team delivering internal projects, primarily, but not limited to, the IT space. Working within the Information, Management and Technology team, you will be working closely with a Programme Manager, but will need to be a self-starter who can work independently.
The role will provide lots of opportunity for you to continue to develop your Project management skills as you shape, mobilise and lead a variety of projects. In addition to the core PM skills, where you will be managing to time, cost and quality, we will be seeking people with a proven track record of managing a variety of stakeholders and suppliers and who are adept at delivering Business change.
It will be a hybrid role, where we will expect you to be in the office (preferably Guildford or London) once a fortnight, so ideally needs someone who is practiced in working in predominantly remote environments.
Due to the secure nature of the role we can only accept applicants who are UK nationals that ideally already hold SC or are eligibleWhat You’ll Be Doing
- Accountable for the end to end delivery of projects within your portfolio.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and actively manage their expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- Shaping and planning of the project including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools; refining and enhancing the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule, milestones and cost baseline.
- Pro-active management of internal and external key project, programme or portfolio controls including (but not limited to) RAID, financials (including forecast costs to complete, technical and management contingency and capital cost), quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the agreed contract, acceptance criteria, SLAs and change requests.
- Continued refinement and enhancement of the project resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule and cost baseline.
- Close down of the project, programme or portfolio at the end of an engagement, including personal performance reviews and project lessons learned
- Supplier management, building relationships with key supplier groups and working with them to ensure seamless delivery
- Business case development working alongside respective business teams.
What we’re looking for
- Project Manager with 2 – 5 years of managing either client facing or internal project delivery
- Ability to work both independently and with team members, both cross-functionally and within the team
- Proven track record in Supplier Management
- Ability to manage Stakeholder groups from C level down.
- Able to work with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced environments and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- UK recognised Project Management Qualification (for example: Prince 2/ PMP)
- Has Specialist knowledge in the IT and/ or internal change space
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.