Barrow-In-Furness or Filton
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.Salary:
Circa £50,000 depending on experienceWhat You’ll Be Doing
- Managing the performance of one of our major sub-contractors to deliver critical equipment on time and to the required quality, including driving performance improvements
- Ensuring quotations for new work are managed in accordance with our value for money and contract management processes to deliver value to our customers
- Ensuring our suppliers are paid in accordance with our prompt payment obligations for work they have completed to the defined standards
- Collaborating with stakeholders in other functions to deliver our own obligations to the relevant Sub-contracts
- Supporting and coaching junior members of the team
Your skills and experiences:
- Demonstrate Commercial/Business acumen
- High level of SAP proficiency
- Ability to build and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrate and evidence Leadership/ Management experience
- Understanding of Project Management fundamentals
- CIPS qualification or equivalent
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.The Dreadnought Supply Chain Major Sub-contracts Team
The Dreadnought Supply Chain Major Sub-contract team is responsible for managing some of the most complex and high value sub-contracts on the Dreadnought Programme.
The role will give you the opportunity to lead the sub-contract management of key elements of scope in collaboration with highly capable Engineering, Project Management and Quality Assurance professionals, and work intimately with one of our key suppliers – an international defence company with extensive experience in the Maritime Defence domain.Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.Closing Date:
23rd February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.