Early Careers & Skills Development CoachLocation:
£ 41,997 – £ 45,079 Depending on ExperienceWhat You’ll Be Doing
- Delivering trade specific skills modules within an agreed programme to Apprentices and core resource.
- Coaching, developing and inspiring learners to achieve their full potential and become autonomous employees
- Coaching and developing employees and learners through off-the job training courses, welfare support and careers guidance to aid their progression, attainment and transition into the business
- Effective stakeholder engagement to ensure practitioner skills and programme content is current and aligned to business needs
- Ensuring a Safety-First culture is embedded in all activities or courses delivered to employees &
- Providing and monitoring the effective safeguarding, SHE, welfare, and support arrangements for learners whilst on Early Careers & Skills programmes
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering (electrical, mechanical) / Manufacturing background.
- Experience of, or understanding of teaching
- Business professional with occupational competence within given sector with a relevant qualification at Level 3, or equivalent
- Level 3 Teaching/ Training qualification or equivalent, or willing to work towards
- Proven experience in a complex administrative environment
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Proven experience of working with internal and external quality assurance
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.The Early Careers Team
Early Careers is a growing area with record investment here at BAE Systems and you will be joining a relatively new and expanding team. This role will provide you the opportunity to help upskill and develop the current employees based within Air division at Samlesbury. We invest £90m into our Early Careers and Skills Programmes annually, this is a rewarding role which will give you the opportunity to work with and shape the future talent within the business.Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.Closing Date:
22nd February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.