Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking a Strategic Procurement Manager, based out of our Montreal Headquarters to become part of Air Canada’s Strategic Procurement (SP) team which is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Knowledge Management (KM) team. The successful candidate will play a key role in leading and contributing to a broad range of sourcing events. Given the cross-functional nature of procurement at Air Canada, this opportunity will provide interaction with key stakeholders in many parts of the organization.
This role requires someone who will be a key contributor to important sourcing projects for Air Canada, as we focus on pandemic recovery and long-term sustainability. The successful candidate will apply a passion for leadership and collaboration in order to obtain the best value for the airline and to develop mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager, SP – Corporate & Commercial and will support sourcing projects related to Air Canada’s Commercial categories (including but not limited to international accounting, passenger sales, cargo sales, and corporate services).
The candidate will lead individual projects as well as supporting the Senior Manager by collaborating with cross-functional teams and delivering high quality services with a strong focus on value. This individual will also bring a strong focus on process optimization and customer-centricity through a variety of initiatives.
In this role, responsibilities will include conducting supply market research, building category/project baselines, establishing sourcing strategies, seeking proposals, conducting pricing and contract negotiations, and contributing to the overall improvement of procurement practices at Air Canada.
Key areas of responsibility include the following :
- Lead and manage procurement events, independently or in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Strategic Procurement:
- Conduct supply market research and baseline spend analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to determine business requirements and establish sourcing strategies that deliver financial and non-financial benefits (e.g. service levels, risk mitigation)
- Prepare and issue RFPs, evaluate responses and conduct negotiations
- Design and implement category strategies that deliver financial and other performance targets such as service, quality, and risk management
- Lead contract negotiations and oversee contract drafting and execution
- Contribute to the improvement of internal procurement practices:
- Participate in the establishment of best-in-class procurement methods
- Develop models to evaluate supplier proposals using quantitative and qualitative criteria
- Act as an ambassador for Strategic Procurement and Air Canada:
- Further develop SP relationships with internal customers through all engagements and current/potential service providers to Air Canada
- Effectively communicate and promote the successes of SP
- Actively engage in learning Corporate and Commercial subject matter, negotiation best practices, Air Canada’s governance and business processes
- University degree in a relevant field of study (Commerce, Supply chain, Finance, Engineering) or education combined with professional experience to support the responsibilities of this role
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written), analytical, negotiation, and project management skills
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in a related field. Experience in procurement, passenger airlines, partnerships, marketing, project management, supply chain and/or logistics are of added benefit.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and manage changing priorities
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to innovate
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is essential
- Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel may be required
- Experience using procurement technology, especially SAP Ariba is an asset
- Completion of (or working towards) a designation in PMP, SCMA, ISM or other procurement designation is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.