United States of AmericaLocation:
PW715: Asheville Site W Asheville Greenfield Site TBD , Asheville, NC, 28803 USAPosition Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.Innovation through diversity of thought.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?Job Summary:
Asheville Hot Section operations is looking for a high-energy, dynamic team leader to fulfill a Business Unit Leader (BUL) (Onsite). The BUL is responsible for driving exceptional performance in all key metrics: Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S), quality, delivery, cost reduction, and fostering employee engagement. You will manage and coach work area supervisors that are responsible for supervising ~100 hourly employees. Moreover, you will build a team that is responsive and flexible, empowering employees from supervisors to operators. Understanding and ultimately exceeding customer expectations is a strength you'll need in the BUL role. You are accountable for leading EH&S, continuous process improvement opportunities, hourly staff planning, and critical resource allocation to ensure that business metrics are met. The BUL also assists in the development of strategic planning such as the development of forecasts, financial planning, training, and capital expenditures.Key Responsibilities:
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and interpersonal skills are important. And the ability to thrive in a team environment with high-performance expectations.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities.
- Work dedicatedly to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving business unit goals.
- Hold employees accountable while maintaining a key working relationship. Drive world-class safety culture and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly.
- Develop monthly delivery plans that align with customer needs and satisfy financial obligations.
- Oversight over supplier value stream.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business, or a technical field with 10 years of operations experience or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years experience.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
What is my role type?
- Strong project management skills.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles.
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
The salary range for this role is 118,000 USD - 246,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.
Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.
RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms01672827