Role And Responsibilities
Who We Are:
What We Have to Offer:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers’ training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
This key position drives Quality through the entire organization. The selected candidate will be responsible for using Quality techniques to audit, evaluate, monitor and improve processes, products and services in accordance with corporate strategies and objectives.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Understands AS9100 and ISO 9001. Ability to participate in and host third party auditors and understand compliance to company and local processes.
- Experience conducting and leading internal Quality Management System Audits to confirm compliance, document findings, identify opportunities for improvement, resolve closure of corrective actions and conduct follow up audits to verify C/A effectiveness.
- Analyze performance trends to identify audit risks/strategies, and provide the basis for creating and maintaining audit schedules.
- Plan audits and coordinate resources (auditees, audit team members, audit methods and locations, etc.) to ensure timely completion of audits
- Expert in Root Cause Analysis methods such as 8D, 5 why, pareto, etc. Effectively communicates RCCA process to management, team members, customers, and external auditors as needed.
- Use of Quality improvement tools and trend analysis techniques to identify value-added opportunities.
- Accountable for anticipating problems and taking proactive steps to minimize risks and exploit opportunities.
- Review Quality performance and trends and assure corrective action is coordinated with and communicated to all interested parties.
- Prepare and publish Quality performance reports.
- Provide training for personnel relative to Quality related tools and processes (e.g., corrective action, internal audit, process management, etc.).
- Work in partnership with interested parties to ensure proper completion of audits, reviews and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate proactively with CAE management and other respective departments.
- Monitor and report Quality metrics and key performance indicators.
- Monitor effectiveness of the corrective action process and ensure corrective action plans are created, submitted, and implemented in a timely manner.
- Maintain quality records as part of CAE Quality Management System.
- Bachelor/Technical Degree or equivalent work experience (minimum 8 years)
- Previous Auditor experience along with relevant auditor training (e.g., IAQG, ASQ, other)
- Ability to deal with complex issues and resolve problems quickly under pressure.
- Ability to conduct meetings and make presentations to executive leadership, management, and colleagues in person and virtually
- Strong analytical skills and experience using metrics to measure Quality performance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Visio).
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, attention to detail and energetic approach to job duties and requirements
- Willing to travel to conduct audits at remote site locations
- Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
- Excellent problem solving abilities
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Focused visual concentration or focused listening
- Work is performed in a controlled environment with almost no exposure to disagreeable environmental conditions
- On occasions may be required to visit outside sources and adapt to their environment
- Travel required (25%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.105327