- Full time opportunity
- Immediate access to staff travels benefits
- Work/life balance – Flexible working arrangements – 3 days in the office
If you’ve ever thought about a career in aviation – now is the perfect time to take off with Jetstar! We are undertaking one of the biggest recruitment campaigns in our 19-year-history. Join us during an exciting period as we welcome more state-of-the-art aircraft, launch new international routes and continue our mission to help more people take off through low fares.
About our Engineering Team
The Jetstar Engineering Team are at the forefront of delivering operational excellence. They are responsible for ensuring the airworthiness and reliability of our fleet. As part of the investment in our future, we have a fleet of new A320NEO’s arriving from mid-2022 and we recently launched the Melbourne Engineering Precinct, which is the primary maintenance hub of our network. Our team has the opportunity to work not only on Jetstar aircraft, but also support Qantas Group A320/1, B717 and A321 Freighter aircraft and Jetstar Branded Airlines (JBA’s) in Singapore and Japan. The Melbourne Precinct has also become the proud new home for our Apprentice Program.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of business learning solutions related to Jetstar Engineering. This position will manage the end-to-end design process to ensure training content and learning methodologies are reflective of a customer service driven culture and replicate industry best practice. You will work with multiple stakeholders to create a blend of customized, self-paced, facilitator led, workplace and online programs; as well as assessment, evaluation and other supporting materials that meet the needs of users.
The core responsibilities of this role are;
- Create engaging learning activities and relevant content that enhances retention and transfer of learning and executes business deliverables.
- Embed industry best practice and professional learning into all training design strategies and initiatives.
- Develop instructional courseware for classroom, simulated, workplace, self-paced and digital learning environments.
- Responsible for the whole process of developing online training including understanding policy initiatives, liaising with subject matter experts, writing eLearning scripts, creating initial design ideas, storyboards and creating eLearning.
- Assess, develop, and review training documentation and materials including training guides, facilitator manuals, user guides, e-learning platforms and intranet / internet.
To be considered for this role, ideally you will have:
- 3-5 years experience in a Learning Experience Design or Instructional Design position
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment or tertiary qualification in a relevant field is preferred but not essential
- Proven experience utilising learning design tools and technology, including but not limited to Articulate 360, Captivate and Adobe
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in instructional design theories and courseware development
- Experience in creating e-learning materials and digital development tools
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to deal with ambiguity, complexity and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and think both critically and strategically
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and influencing skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- High degree of computer literacy, experienced user of MS Office suites.
- An interest in the Engineering/Aviation space is a must
Applications close: 2359, Tuesday 20 February 2024
What’s in it for you
- Our team members enjoy access to unlimited heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
- Access to a range of salary packaging and leave benefits.
- As a member of the Qantas Group, you will have the opportunity to build a career across multiple functions, locations and airlines.
- Structured programs and resources to support your health and wellbeing and development.
- Talk to us about how we can make this role work flexibly for you such that you can achieve your potential.
The Jetstar Group is one of the largest low-cost airline groups in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown more than 300 million passengers since it launched in 2004. Collectively the Jetstar Group offers more than 5,000 (pre-COVID) flights a week to 58 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region. The Group operates a fleet of more than 90 aircraft, including Airbus A320, Airbus A321 and Boeing 787-8.
Jetstar's mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Inclusion and Diversity
Jetstar is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.