Customer Service Representative
Starting pay of $18.51 per hour with competitive benefits that let you see the world:
- Travel: Fly United for free - domestic and international – and bring your friends and family too!
- Flexibility: Opportunities for overtime and ability to trade shifts to work a flexible schedule.
- Phenomenal Benefits: 401(k), pension plan, health insurance and an Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family.
- Grow your career: Opportunity to learn and grow into leadership roles with over half of our leaders starting in the operation.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines! We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like 401k and privileges like space-available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
As a United Airlines Customer Service Representative (CSR) you can play a meaningful role in ensuring passengers appreciate the quality of service offered by United. The positive interactions that CSRs have with passengers at the ticket counter, gate, baggage services, or United Clubs will have a direct positive impact on the company. That is why we put a premium on hiring courteous, caring, and customer-centric employees who can not only communicate with passengers but also listen. People with the desire to take that extra step to improve someone’s travel experience. The CSR is responsible for assisting passengers with flight reservations, ticketing and check-in, boarding, customer service and complaint resolution, as well as receiving aircraft. Assignments may consist of but are not limited to, work in areas such as the ticket counter, gate, baggage services, international departures and arrivals, United Clubs, and others.Key Responsibilities
- Connect with passengers
- Generate passenger reservations and boarding passes
- Resolve disservice situations (e.g., determine alternate flight options for delayed, canceled or missed flights, change/rebook reservations)
- Read passenger identification documents, checked baggage labels or tags, and flight status information
- Operate a computer to enter and retrieve data
- Lift baggage and boxes/packages weighing up to 70lbs.
- Open/close aircraft door before flight departure and upon flight arrival
- Stand for up to 4 hours during a shift
- Walk continuously when providing customer service
- Operate the passenger loading jet-way bridge
- Read the weight of baggage from a scale and assess the baggage fee if required
- Perform simple calculations
- Ensure compliance with United and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and policies
- Other duties assigned
What's needed to succeed (minimum requirements)
What We Provide
- High School Graduate, GED or education equivalent
- Excellent communication ability
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must pass a background check
- Work during day and night shifts, weekends, and holidays; mandatory overtime may be required based on operation need
- Legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is a crucial function of the position
- Competitive benefits
- Discounted travel
- Career advancement opportunities
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT MIA00000061