Reporting to the Head of Ground Operations Delivery Overseas
, the General Manager Overseas Airports Operations
will be responsible
for smooth and efficient ground handling activities at airports within their jurisdiction where Jet2.com has contracted services
. The primary focus is on achieving a safe, punctual, and cost-effective operation through adept relationship management with local Red Teams, third-party suppliers, and airport operators. This involves not only meeting contractual obligations but also maintaining a commitment to deliver a safe, friendly, and VIP customer experience.Strategic Operational Responsibilities
Take full responsibility
for delivering operations at designated airports, ensuring safety performance across all stations within the jurisdiction. Ensure that activities are adequately resourced, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) is in suitable condition, and procedures and regulations are strictly adhered to.
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Need
- Collaborate closely with the Compliance and Assurance team to facilitate regular audits of overseas airports. Ensure effective and timely resolutions to any non-conformities identified during audits. Monitor stations' safety performance through the Ground Operations 'Check2' self-monitoring tool, taking swift action on any findings, safety reports, or observations.
- Effectively manage contracted service providers and airport operators. Implement and track agreed service level metrics, such as on-time performance, check-in desk availability, and short-shipped baggage. Ensure bonuses or penalties are applied in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and contracts.
- Promote a Working as One Team approach between Jet2.com and Jet2holidays teams at the local level. Foster collaboration with third-party ground handlers and other contracted parties to provide customers with a seamless journey and the highest levels of customer service.
- Manage all stations under their jurisdiction to ensure they possess the correct versions and quantities of all Jet2.com and Jet2holidays operational manuals, forms, information literature, marketing material, and equipment. Ensure proper utilisation of all items as required for smooth operations.
- Set targets and proactively manage station sales to ensure maximum revenues are achieved, meeting or exceeding targets.
- Have full budget responsibility for Ground Operations cost codes within the jurisdiction. Plan and deliver resource requirements, ensuring effective budget management and cost control measures.
This role is based in the UK or Alicante (Spain)
- Previous experience of Station Management in a Ground Operations environment is essential.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills
- Proven track record of successful contract management and relationship management
- Ability to manage service delivery and people remotely.
- Proven experience in leading large teams over a geographically widespread area
- Educated to degree level or extensive proven experience in a similar role within the airline industry
- Speaking a second language would be advantageous – with French being desirable due to the airports under the jurisdiction of the role
, managing a geographic area overseas, with frequent travel across the operations to ensure effective compliance and management of colleagues in their area
- A flexible approach to the role is necessary due to the nature of the Ground Operations Department
- Must have the right to travel within the EU.