Job Title: Electrical Fitter
Location: HMNB Clyde, Helensburgh
Compensation: £35,558 plus DC pension and flex benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55482
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electrical Fitter at our HMNB Clyde site.
As an Electrical Fitter within our Waterfront section you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. As the Ministry of Defence’s commercial partner at HMNB Clyde, Babcock provides specialist engineering support services, including the management of infrastructure and nuclear facilities.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for investigating and diagnosing faults, repairing and maintaining electrical aspects of facilities.
• Carry out planned and reactive maintenance and fitting on a variety of electrical systems
• Defect identification and repair
• You will work to required electrical regulations and be able to work from maintenance documentation in a safe and healthy manner
Essential experience of the Electrical Fitter
• Proven experience in Electrical fitting or maintenance gained within an Industrial or Commercial environment
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Works in a safe manner – able to understand statements of work, risk assessments etc
• Comfortable working at height and in confined spaces on occasion
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday dayshifts - 36 hours per week, with early finish on a Friday. Based at HMNB Clyde near Helensburgh.
Qualifications for the Electrical Fitter within our Waterfront Team
• Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship, qualified to SVQ Level 3 or equivalent (NVQ3, City & Guilds, HNC etc)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC level security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 20/02/24