Material Planner II [St. Louis, MO] in GAC St. Louis
Understand and interpret drawings
Analytical and detail oriented
Effective verbal and written communication skill
Knowledge of ERP planning systemEducation And Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Materials Management, Operations Management, Manufacturing Engineering, or other related curriculum or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 2 years related experiencein manufacturing and materials planning or inventory management. Master's Degree In related fieldMay offset 2 yrs of experience requirement. Position Purpose
:Under limited supervision, perform the planning activities associated with supporting Production and Completions requirements within an MRP/ERP environment. Audit and maintain planning information and associated part/material attributes within applicable systems and databases. Respond to changes in schedules and changes resulting from bill of material modifications. Communicate resulting schedule changes to procurement and operations personnel when appropriate. Responsibilities may include working closely with all levels of personnel within Gulfstream and approved suppliers.Job Description
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Establish material requirements consistent with production rates, supplier lead times and corporate inventory objectives/policies.
- Ensure all data elements which impact the planning and supply chain are maintained within lead times, service levels, receiving/carrying cost, etc.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and purchase orders for new items, unique items and existing items that have reached reorder points.
- Coordinate with Product Support, Manufacturing Engineering, In House Shops, and purchasing to expedite parts in support of Operations and Gulfstream Customers.
- Analyze shortage situations and determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Monitor and assist in identification of excess inventory. Assist in determining whether the excess is subject to re-distribution or disposal. Maintain proper part disposition for tracking purposes.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports pertaining to current status of inventory and overall customer service level.
- Generate replenishment schedules and coverage analysis for a buyer or planner and communicate changes as required.
- Responsible for training, developing, and mentoring Material Planner I’s.
- Identify components with high level of demand variability, analyze options and prepare recommendations for management approval. .
- Follow safety, 6S, and quality requirements in every phase of assigned duties. .
- Use Lean Manufacturing techniques to ensure inventory and in stock material is the optimum qty required. to support the operation. .
- Analyze and resolve issues to maximize customer service at the lowest total cost. .
- Frequent interaction with personnel in other departments to follow-up, expedite, and coordinate parts. .
- Develop understanding and establish experience base in Gulfstream Materials processes and procedures. .
- Develop an investigative and analytical mind set. .
Perform other duties as assigned.Other Requirements:
- Requires extensive PC experience and knowledge of automated systems.
- Effective oral and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate personal computers; experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel,.
- SAP experience desired but not required.
Requisition Number: 218133
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 02/19/2024
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Copyright © 2023 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft