This entry level tax position primarily assists with the income tax accounting function.It also supports the broad tax team with other Federal, State, and International income tax matters. Responsibilities include collecting and compiling information for use in the preparation of income tax accounting, tax filings, tax audits, and other tax related projects all while maintaining organized work habits and striving for continuous improvement.
- Assist with the quarterly and year-end financial statement processes related to the computation of ASC 740 income tax expense, deferred taxes and FIN48.
- Assist with the recording of tax entries and the reconciliation of tax-related accounts.
- Prepare Federal, State, and US International tax returns and related schedules using computer-applications.
- Prepare and assist with the analysis of Federal book and tax differences ("Schedule M" items).
- Support the continuous improvement of internal processes and tax administration.
- Support tax team in all areas including identified special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- Prior corporate or regional/big 4 accounting experience a plus.
- Self-motivated individual with desire for continuous learning.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and other Windows-based applications.
- Basic knowledge and experience with ONESOURCE, Alteryx, and Microsoft Power Apps a plus.
- Team player who is also able to work independently as the situation requires.
- Strong analytical abilities and logic skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized work habits.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-
inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov) and Genetic Information Discrimination