The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Logistics Specialist will provide ILS support to the ILS Lead and the Program Manager in Mitchel Field, NY. This position will provide technical support for logistics, supply chain management, management activities of government owned equipment, and provisioning activities of government owned equipment and material for the Trident Navigation Program.
Responsible for assuring inventory sufficiency with respect to mission requirements throughout the life cycle of supported systems. Manages and controls the asset position of customer inventories. Manages inventory to include system stock, repair facilities, and customer locations, including priority interpretation, inventory allocation and asset redistribution as necessary among sources of supply and military operating locations. Forecasts budget requirements; ensures fidelity of asset identification; resolves technical and support problems for assigned classes of items by actively interfacing with engineering; prepares status reports and metrics relating to fleet support.Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Analyzes technical data and reports to determine spares and support equipment provisioning requirements
- Formulate specific recommendations for spare/repair parts and support equipment
- Ability to work independent of direct leadership/supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic teaming environment with the ability to coordinate efforts across multiple logistics and engineering disciplines.
- Conduct and support on-going meetings and interact directly with US Navy logistics personnel
- Interface with a variety of internal LM and external Government, engineering, logistics, financial and program management disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Supply Chain Management to include spares analysis, forecasting, obsolescence management/tracking and inventory management
- Track and report all Supply metrics
- Track and manage repairable items through the supply chain providing support to fleet assets
- Develop and perform in depth briefings for both LM senior management and external customers including participation in routine IPT meetings and program reviews
- Track and respond to action items and inquiries
- US Citizenship is required.