The HR Advisor will work closely with the Associate HR Business Partner or relevant strategic HR lead to scope the needs of the business, deliver company-wide HR strategy and implement creative and innovative HR solutions to improve business outcomes. The post holder will be instrumental in supporting managers and business units in the operation by ensuring all HR records and processes are effectively managed and delivered. Although the role will primary focus on MAN, there maybe the requirement to support other Stations in the Region/Network.
Although the role will primary focus on MAN, there will be requirement to support other Stations in the Region/Network and needs to be willing to travel to our Southern, Manchester and Dublin sites on a regular basis when requiredResponsibilities
Day to day you will:
Work closely with the Business Partner or relevant Strategic HR Lead to scope the needs of the business, deliver company-wide HR strategy and implement creative and innovative HR solutions to improve business outcomes.
Support and work with colleagues and the business to enable the achievement of business outcomes. Provide advise and guidance to Managers on all elements of HR including;
- Performance Management
- Disciplinary & Grievance
- Absence Management
- TUPE and Union relationships
- Contracts of Employment
- Identify where there are gaps and challenges regarding HR process/working relationships and identify solutions where appropriate.
- Deliver training sessions for Line Managers on HR procedures, performance management, and mentoring.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to legislative, HR and company standards, agreed policies and processes
- Liaise with Trade Unions
- Act as an intermediary between HR and other functions
- First point of contact for first line management for all HR related advice
- Support and input in to strategies to manage attrition, retention and staff engagement
- Achieve individual and team efficiencies through improved working practices.
- Support projects and complex cases, leading and taking ownership as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to make proactive changes in work practices (LPs) that contribute to HR and continuous business improvement by looking for new solutions and innovative ways to solve problems and review whether the changes implemented are effective on an ongoing basis.
- Collate ER data from central systems to support decision making across the business
- Contribute to HR monthly reporting.
- Maintain ER databases as required.
- Ensure all information required is presented accurately, clearly and within agreed deadlines.
- The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- 2 years + experience of working in a challenging and high-volume HR environment
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of pay and benefits, ideally across multiple inter-companies.
- Excellent customer service.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to draft and comprehend complex legal documentation.
- Strong and persuasive verbal communication skills including experience dealing with employees of all levels.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a face to face and virtual team environment.
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Flexibility and strong time management skills. Including a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting requirements; prioritise accordingly working to short deadlines.
- Ideally advanced IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) O365 experience including SharePoint is desirable.
- Determined self-starter with passion for developing a career in HR.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with other departments and managers.
Please note this list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.