We are currently seeking a Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Operator to join our high performing team located at our Melbourne Engineering Precinct, the main maintenance hub of our network.
About our Engineering Team
The Jetstar Engineering Team are at the forefront of delivering our superior safety standards. They are responsible for ensuring the airworthiness of our fleet of aircraft, including completing all required maintenance that must be carried out, on time and to approved standards to ensure they take to the skies safely.
Our Melbourne team members are uniquely placed to enjoy a career that sees them developing skills across all functional areas of maintenance – line, intermediate and base activity. Our team also has the opportunity to work not only on Jetstar fleet, but customer aircraft – A320/21, A330, B717, B737 and A321 Freighter.
This role has ownership of performing, reporting and certifying NDT inspections on aircraft, engines and components using various NDT methods, in accordance with approved Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA), Jetstar Airways Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE), Jetstar NDT Written Practice, Jetstar Safety Management System (SMS), Maintenance Control & Procedures Manual, Company Policies and Civil Aviation Safety Authority regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform NDT services in accordance with approved data and Jetstar Airways Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE) & Jetstar Airways NDT Written Practice to facilitate aircraft maintenance activities
- Report on description and results of NDT to LAME/Supervisor in order for repairs to be carried out
- Communicate any significant aircraft AOG to LAME/Supervisor
- Assist to ensure all NDT tooling and equipment is check and maintained as per specified requirements
- Always ensure a current company Certification Authorisation is held
- Ensure skills and currency meets the requirements of AS3669, EN4179, NAS410 and the Jetstar Airways Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE) actions
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking individuals who day in day out, provide great emphasis on accurate and error free reporting. This role would ideally suit a process driven, self-managed Technician, who prides themselves in their high attention to detail.
Further skills include all or part therof:
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical)
- Eddy Current testing – Level 2 NDT Aerospace
- Ultrasonic testing – Level 2 NDT Aerospace
- Magnetic Particle testing – Level 2 NDT Aerospace
- Penetrant testing – Level 2 NDT Aerospace
- The ability to act decisively under pressure and communicate the outcomes and actions of these decisions effectively to relevant stakeholders
A high level of internal customer service exposure, work planning and teamwork are required for this opportunity. A strong commitment to safety and dedication to following Occupational Health and Safety requirements are essential.
What’s in it for you
- Our team members enjoy access to unlimited heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
- Access to a range of salary packaging and leave benefits.
- As a member of the Qantas Group, you will have the opportunity to build a career across multiple functions, locations and airlines.
- Structured programs and resources to support your health and wellbeing and development.
- Talk to us about how we can make this role work flexibly for you such that you can achieve your potential.
The Jetstar Group is one of the largest low-cost airline groups in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown more than 300 million passengers since it launched in 2004. Collectively the Jetstar Group offers more than 5,000 (pre-COVID) flights a week to 58 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region. The Group operates a fleet of more than 90 aircraft, including Airbus A320, Airbus A321 and Boeing 787-8.
Jetstar's mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Inclusion and Diversity
Jetstar is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.