Qatar Airways are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join our HR team in Turkey as HR Manager.
As HR Manager based in Istanbul, you will add immediate value by contributing to the development and implementation of HR strategy in all areas of Recruitment, Organisational Design, Retention, Reward, Employee Relations, Industrial Relations and Employee Engagement. You will lead the HR team & provide guidance and advice as well as coaching to line managers on HR policies, procedures and processes.
You will be responsible for 4 countries – Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia and support our Commercial, Airport Services, Cargo and Corporate teams.Key Accountabilities Will Include
Working with line managers in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Lead and develop a successful HR team across the assigned countries.
- Providing 5- star HR support to the business, including documentation and approval process.
- Leading the HR agenda for the four countries supporting, coaching and advising on HR processes.
- Manage the development of accurate job descriptions and the recruitment approval process.
- Operating as the communication hub for the HR team ensuring information flow and sharing of knowledge.
- Implementing and leading the HR component of any Change and Transformation Programs within the seven markets.
- Implementing Human Resources policies such as performance management, disciplinary and absence management.
- Providing training, advice and assistance on the performance evaluation and development planning process.
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues including promotions and transfers.
- Communicating company policies, procedures and processes to the business as required.
- Facilitating and assisting with providing training and coaching on key HR and Management skills to the business.
- Conducting research on Human Resource best practice and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Gathering data and statistical reports to make informed & commercial HR decisions.
- Assisting with composing correspondence and memoranda, reports and documents.
- Acting as the local advisor on Employment legislation and working with relevant Unions and Employee Representative Committees.
- Ensuring all employees understand work health and safety requirements and expectations, through induction, instruction, training and supervision.
- Additional responsibilities and countries as assigned.
Education and Skills:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent. A recognized accreditation in HR is ideal but not essential.
- Minimum of four years’ HR related job experience within an International company, which will include a minimum of two years’ in a HR Management Role.
- You will ideally have strong HR experience within Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia.
- Proven people management skills, including experience in employee relations; strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage, inspire and influence people.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Experience working and building productive relationships with Unions and Employee Representative Committees
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential for this role.
- You must also have the right to live and work in Turkey to be considered for this opportunity.