Fantastic challenges. Amazing opportunities.
GKN Aerospace is reimagining air travel: going further, faster and greener! Fuelled by great people whose expertise and creativity sets the standards in our industry, we’re inspired by the opportunities to innovate and break boundaries. We’re proud to play a part in protecting the world’s democracies. And we’re committed to putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do, opening up and protecting our planet. With over 15,000 employees across 41 manufacturing sites in 12 countries we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. There are no limits to where you can take your career.Job Summary
The Fabricator role is responsible for carrying out the required standard activities of their assigned tasks, in full compliance to the Work Instruction and/or Standard Operating Procedure, and without compromise to their own, and colleagues, safety.
Where required to achieve certified status, the team member will be taught how to undertake their tasks safely, and to a high quality level, through a rigorous Job Instruction process, and will be expected to attain the relevant certification, as measured by the competence matrix and specified in the sites BMS/QMS.
The team member will be fully supported by their Team Leader (TL), who will enable their training, coaching and quickly respond to them if they find any off-standard / quality issues.
They will be expected to actively identify safety concerns (Hazard identification), make problems immediately known to their TL (Pull the Andon), and raise improvement ideas to solve problems (Kaizen).
They will be part of a team that will collectively work on creating a Great Place To Work through a culture of continuous improvement, safe working and open dialogue.
- Contribute to their team in creating a ÂGreat Place to WorkÂ by role-modelling safety-first, a Kaizen mind-set, and supporting their colleagues
- Hold themselves, and fellow team members accountable to embody the GKNA culture principles
- Undertake all of their tasks in compliance with the standard work and their training, and make any problems; safety, quality, or other, immediately known to their TL
- Exemplify a safety-first mindset and follow all GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards
- Understand their teamÂs People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost Key Performance Indicators and their contribution to them
- Become certified at the Lean Foundation level and implement at least 1 Kaizen per month
- Support the team and TL in problem solving, contributing ideas based upon own experience of their tasks
- Be an active member of the team, promoting collective engagement with each other
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements:
- The companyÂs Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies
- Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government
- Export Control regulations
- High school diploma or GED or 3 years experience of manufacturing experience.
- 1 year of manufacturing
- Must have the ability to be certified to operate forklift.
- GKN Experience
- Experience working with hazardous materials and/or chemicals.
- The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
- Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting or safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions.
- Must be willing to work in repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and diagrams.
We’ll offer you fantastic challenges and amazing opportunities. This is your chance to be part of an organisation that has proven itself to be at the cutting edge of our industry; and is committed to pushing the boundaries even further. And with some of the best training on offer in the industry, who knows how far you can go?A Great Place to work needs a Great Way of Working
Everyone is welcome to apply to GKN. We believe that we can only achieve our ambitions through a coming together of diverse minds who enjoy collaborating in an inspirational environment. Through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging and by living our five powerful principles we’ve created a culture where everyone feels welcome to contribute. It’s a culture that won us ‘The Best Workplace Culture Award’. By embracing and celebrating what makes us unique we encourage everyone to bring their full self to work.
We’re also committed to providing an accessible recruitment process, so if you require reasonable adjustments at any stage during our recruitment process please get in touch and let us know.
We are the place where human dreams, plus human endeavour, shape the future of aerospace innovation and technology.