Role IntroductionReports to:
Lounge Service Delivery Manager HKIA
The job holder will support Lounge Service Delivery Manager HKIA and is responsible for managing the operations of Cathay Pacific’s First and Business class lounges at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA).
This role is the face of the company to engage customers and ensure quality delivery of lounge experience. It is also accountable for leading, engaging and developing front of house team.
- Lead the front of house team and be the epitome of Cathay Pacific service excellence and hospitality. Be accountable for Supervisors and team members.
- Monitor all front of house service areas to ensure company standards and KPIs are met or exceeded. Complete regular walk rounds and checks.
- Support Lounge Service Delivery Manager HKIA and management to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Supervise and deliver excellent customer service for customers in accordance to company and legal standards relating to service, food safety, health and safety.
- Work with Lounge Service Delivery Manager and Premium Service Team to deliver personalised and memorable experiences for premium customers and VIPs.
- Supervise F&B presentation, quality and speed of F&B and service delivery, hygiene standards, stock-taking, stock handling, financial procedures as per company and legal requirements.
- Oversee and ensure buffet and stock levels of all front of house items are properly maintained and replenished.
- Be responsible for performance management and development of front of house team including training, coaching, wellbeing, grooming, planning and delegating daily tasks to team.
- Liaise with back of house teams on daily operations, food safety, quality control and any other matters which ensure a world-class quality lounge experience.
- Enhance communication flow and foster excellent work relationships and team spirit.
- Lead the team by example. Engage with customers to ensure a great experience.
- Deal with complaints as and when required. Decide on service recovery measures.
- Seek ways to enhance quality of lounge experience e.g. through cost efficiency, innovation, technology, and support any relevant initiatives.
- Support the Lounge Service Delivery Manager HKIA by performing deskbound leadership and administrative tasks e.g. attending meetings, assisting with projects.
- Work with HKIA Manager on Duty on flight-specific duties e.g. handling VIP, providing support pertaining to lounge for customers and HKIA team in face of operational issues / disruptions.
- Support other lounges as and when required.
- Be abreast of hospitality/ lounge industry trends and customer insights, suggest positive changes when applicable.
- Right to work in Hong Kong
- Minimum age of 18
- Post-secondary qualifications.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in lounge operations, catering hospitality, fine dining, sizeable luxury hotel or similar capacity.
- Experience in supplier management is a plus.
- Polished communication skills with fluent spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua).
- Strong leadership and people management capabilities with solid supervisory experience.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and organising skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with flair in delivering service excellence.
- Able to work shift duties including overnight shifts.
- Being part of a world-class service brand to be proud of
- World-class training and structured career progression path
- A safe and collaborative working environment which embraces a diverse and inclusive culture
- Extensive medical coverage & insurance scheme for you and your dependents
- Flexible retirement scheme
- Discounted travel across many airlines for you and your family
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.