A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Enterprise Assurance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers critical assurance disciplines that protect and enable people, data and missions. We provide a comprehensive approach to managing risk across the enterprise for current and future information environments where the business and missions execute. We apply the use of innovative tools and robust processes to ensure mission and business success.Industrial Security Professional I / Industrial Security Professional II
To provide Program Security functions and assure all applicable program, federal, and company requirements, regulations, and policies are being followed.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Administer clearance/access; review submittal packages prior to submission to customer and refer unusual packages to supervisor.
- Administer security guidelines; work with technical and physical specialist, facilities engineers, and program managers to establish required physical security requirements and have them installed.
- Read blueprints, contract standards for security and various manuals and directives and ensure appropriate application.
- Administer Security Practices and Procedures (SPP) for programs and apply industrial security requirements; interpret most requirements from SPP or ISM and implement it with little supervision.
- Address daily security tasks. (e.g., changing combinations, instructions for guards, courier/destruction activities, arranging support/security for moves, etc.).
- May prepare and present basic security briefings.
- May assist program managers and Division/Group executives by knowing the business area, being involved in new business development from a security perspective.
- Coordinate between program management and other SCU functions to ensure security guidelines are properly implemented and executed and establish a clear relationship of roles and duties.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
On-Site Work Environment:
- Industrial Security Professional I - Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Industrial Security Professional II – Bachelor’s degree plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days
each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.Compensation & Benefits
Us Citizenship Is Required
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR INDUSTRIAL SECURITY PROFESSIONAL I: $74,000 - $100,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR INDUSTRIAL SECURITY PROFESSIONAL II: $89,500 - $121,250 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.