Job Description Summary
Islip, Long Island systems facility…think components located in the cabin of aircraft.
Tests and troubleshoots electronic products using standard and specialized test equipment. Job Description
At GE Aerospace, we have a relentless dedication to the future of safe and sustainable flight and the same dedication to the talented GE colleagues that make it happen. Working at GE Aerospace means that you are bringing your unique perspective, innovative spirit, drive, and curiosity to a collaborative and diverse team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Career Growth: GE isn’t just a great place to start your career—it’s a great place to expand and grow your career. Many entry-level employees grow into leadership roles in operations or other parts of the business. There are also opportunities to continue your career at GE in Bohemia or across the globe
- Benefits: Our range of benefits includes health care starting on day one, 401 (k) savings plans with generous employer match, paid time off and more
- Education Assistance: GE encourages employees to continue their education and provides financial support to further employee learning
- Work environment: GE Aviation Systems facility located in Islip, Long Island is dedicated to the design and manufacture of power conversion & control products, Battery systems, Lighting Controllers, Frequency Converters, Digital Control Products, Control Panels, Inverters, Power supplies and Advanced power conversion applications
- Troubleshoots electronic products to component level & sub-assembly level utilizing schematics and standard troubleshooting practices and procedures.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- Sets up test equipment and tests electronic products using established test procedures and schematics
- Uses product test and measurement equipment, Digital/Analog Voltmeters, oscilloscopes, Hi-Pot meters, power supplies, and Automatic and Standard Test equipment, etc
- Cross - trains, mentors and provides technical assistance to other technicians including new Technician 2's
- Provides technical guidance to Assemblers
- Performs cross functional tasks within fairly similar situations resulting in standardized but not identical outcomes
- Recommends and/or proposes process improvements
- Ensures that all relevant quality information/feedback is provided
- Utilizes written or visual instructions involving use of quantitative information from specifications, schematics, graphs, pictures, gages, etc.
- Provides written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations following test, troubleshooting, examinations
- Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
- Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
- Engages and participates in a self – directed teaming environment
- 2-year degree in Electronics or related field OR Certified Electronics Program (18 mos.) OR 4 year degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or related field. Preliminary Review (PR) Certification must be obtained within probationary period
Skill Level Required
- 2-year degree plus 1 - 3 years of manufacturing experience; OR Certified Electronics Program (18 months) plus 1-3 years of manufacturing experience; OR 4-year degree (electronics or related) with no experience
- Skills required in maintaining close specifications using tools & gages, schematics and a variety of electronic equipment;
- Basic computer skills;
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes;
- Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination;
- Ability to troubleshoot to component level;
- Must maintain PR Certification
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Past experience in a manufacturing environment
- Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Understanding of IPC-A-610 standards
The hourly pay range for this position is $23 to $28/hr. The specific hourly rate offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s relevant experience, their education, and the work location. Final offers will be dependent on level and quality of work experience. This posting is expected to close on March 4, 2024.
Healthcare benefits include medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage; access to a Health Coach, a 24/7 nurse-based resource; and access to the Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 confidential assessment, counseling and referral services. Retirement benefits include the GE Retirement Savings Plan, a tax-advantaged 401(k) savings opportunity with company matching contributions and company retirement contributions, as well as access to Fidelity resources and planning consultants. Other benefits include tuition assistance, adoption assistance, paid parental leave, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid time-off for vacation or illness.
General Electric Company, Ropcor, Inc., their successors, and in some cases their affiliates, each sponsor certain employee benefit plans or programs ( i.e
., is a “Sponsor”). Each Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend, replace, or modify its benefit plans and programs at any time and for any reason, in its sole discretion. No individual has a vested right to any benefit under a Sponsor’s welfare benefit plan or program. This document does not create a contract of employment with any individual.This role requires access to U.S. export-controlled information. If applicable, final offers will be contingent on ability to obtain authorization for access to U.S. export-controlled information from the U.S. Government.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Relocation Assistance Provided: