This role is focused on the detection, prevention & response to cyber security threats and alerts. This person will have the opportunity to work on technology and processes with a global reach and is an integral part of the security controls that the company uses to protect its data and intellectual property.
To be successful you'll need to demonstrate you have the skills and aptitude to understand and support our complex systems and processes that enable the delivery of our world-class services. This position also requires the ability to: work with a variety of different groups; communicate effectively electronically and in person, drive a problem to resolution or know when to escalate and seek assistance; work independently and as part of a team; also requires a keen attention to detail and follow through on work items.
- Proactive monitoring, detection and response to known threats and/or emerging threats.
- Perform enrichment and gather information about high-value assets, threat landscape, and breach exposure from a myriad array of sources.
- Conduct detailed & comprehensive investigation and triage on a wide variety of security events. Recommend and implement remediation processes.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of security event management.
- Participation on Incident Response that includes root cause analysis and lessons learned.
- Identify opportunities to improve process and/or tools to ensure highest level of quality, including documentation, mentoring and training sessions.
- Performing analysis on suspicious files
- Participation in the development of new SIEM rules and analytics stories
- Assist in any ad-hoc tasks when necessary
- Experience with SIEM/Analytics in a SOC environment
- Experience in one of the following: Network operations or engineering, including packet analysis and/or System administration on Unix, Linux, or Windows
- Experience with common security operations systems, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS/IPS), Security Incident Event Management systems (SIEM), anti-virus log collection systems, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of security logs to detect and resolve security issues.
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory standards and requirements around information security and privacy, including ISO , ITIL, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc
- Experience with security events, including participation in large-scale breaches and the ability to identify themes and trends out of large datasets.
- Possesses relevant professional certifications
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Understanding of or exposure to multiple programming languages is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience in reverse engineering of software is a plus
- Experience in developing correlations between disparate event sources and databases.
- Entry level candidates are welcome to apply.
- Willing to participate in a 24/7 rotating shift roster
- Work location: Ang Mo Kio