Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Location: Andover, Hampshire + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: £50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53605
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Design Engineer at our Andover site.
As a Senior Design Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll be responsible for producing complete design packs for a disruptive manufacturing technology.
Day to day, you’ll conduct re-engineering activities including scanning, modelling, feature analysis and FEA:
- Assist in selection of components for induction into the design process
- Prototype parts using modeals and liaise with manufacturing to produce secondary models
- Assist in writing, testing and improving processes
- Deputise for chief engineer where appropriate
- Act as Techical Authority
This is a full-time, hybrid role based in Andover with travel required to various sites (milage paid).
Essential experience of the Senior Design Engineer
- Competentency using 3D CAD packages, ideally Solidworks
- Mechanical component design experience
- Familiar with reverse engineering techniques
- Awareness of advanced manfacturing techniques advantageous
- Have managed / lead other engineers previously
Qualifications for the Senior Design Engineer
- Degree level qualified within an engineering discipline
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century, Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.