Manufacturing Engineer Research and DevelopmentLocation:
Glascoed – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.Salary:
£40,049What You’ll Be Doing
- Supporting Research and Development activities, provide support to the development of new product, and material analysis
- Developing and maintaining a basis of safety and safe systems of work for Research and Development activities
- Planning and designing methods to improve efficiency and product quality by utilising Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and working as a member of a cross functional team
- Ensuring operational compliance to legislative standards e.g. ISO45001, ISO9001
- Working to improve equipment availability and capability, carry out OEE/OLE and process capability studies
- Supporting the site Continuous Improvement plan and manage identified business improvement projects
- Managing and supporting capital acquisition, engineering proposals, and provide estimated costs to achieve operational improvements and financial benefits
- Producing technical specifications for new/replacement equipment, carry out factory acceptance and installed article tests, and carry out trials and commissioning on process equipment
Your skills and experiences:
- Science / Engineering degree, HND, HNC or equivalent
- Excellent numeracy, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to produce and maintain clear and concise written documentation i.e., Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plans (PCP), and work instructions
- Relevant experience within a similar manufacturing environment, aerospace, automotive, process industry or chemical processing
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.The Manufacturing Engineering Team
Working a 4 day/hybrid week you will have the opportunity to be involved in keeping production running at the facility, supporting the research and development activities, providing support to the development of new products, and analysing materials. This is your chance to join and global company with opportunities for development, progression and gaining qualifications.Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, who are BAE Systems employees and have been in their current role for 12 months or longer.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.Closing Date:
22nd February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.