The key roles of this position is Helpdesk, end user support, Asset Management and Systems support. The goal is ensuring that the day-to-day IT operations are functioning so users are enabled to be productive. Helpdesk Management provides ongoing end-user support and training. Asset Management provides the procurement, deployment and support of company user IT assets to ensure high availability. System Support helps to maintain and expand core company infrastructure and systems at all locations.
- Helpdesk\End user support
- Primacy Contact for GKN Helpdesk, helpdesk system owner
- End user systems configurations
- Active Directory and SAP User Administration
- End user Training
- Asset Management
- Oversee Inventory of hardware and software assets
- Involved in the identification and evaluation of new Hardware & Software
- End user hardware Lifecycle Management (Setup, Deploy, Decommission)
- Asset recycling
- Manage IP Phone System
- Design, Configure and Maintain Asset Spare Parts Inventory System
- Software licensing compliance
- System Support
- Core infrastructure support (POC for service of ISP and other services)
- New Data Drop support
- Ensuring corporate IT policy compliance based on systems responsibilities
- Undertake and complete related improvement projects as assigned including the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and customers.
- Completes Key Job Requirements and other tasks related to this position as assigned by cognizant management.
- Perform other related duties as required. Perform other related duties as required.
- Required to follow all HSE rules & regulations
- Educate and guide the local IT community and customers on the correct processes to log issues and request IT services and ensure these processes are followed.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science.Required
- MUST BE A U.S CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the support and operations of computer equipment in a TCP/IP environment, including hardware and software management.
- Strong writing and communication skills are required.
- A-plus certification or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Server, Exchange, office.
- Must be an independent contributor to the team.
- Support the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment by adhering to Company policy and various government regulations.
- Must be able to work in a production environment and travel throughout the facilities and corporation to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
- Prolonged sitting and computer use, and have the ability to move around a manufacturing environment.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds: Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds