Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 100 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.What You'll Do:
As an IT automation engineer, you will drive the design and implementation of API integrations for common IT systems.. You will be the primary point of contact for quality of life improvements for Archer's Infrastructure team and the company as a whole. You will coordinate a team of offshore engineers on the execution of Archer's infrastructure automation as well as lead locally in the following areas:Software Development and Automation:
Monitoring and Alerting:
- Create and implement software solutions to streamline tasks and enhance team efficiency.
- Utilize languages such as Python, Ruby, C++, and version control tools like Git for efficient deployment.
- Programmatically interface with APIs to send and retrieve data for code.
- Set up robust monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and address issues.
- Perform thorough root cause analysis to resolve and prevent system failures.
- Implement monitoring, logging, and alerting mechanisms to promptly detect and address errors.
Identity Management systems.
- Upload and retrieve data from AWS S3 with code.
- Employ Terraform and GitHub Actions to push code to AWS Lambda for seamless serverless deployment.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Cross reference data from identity management systems with other software to retrieve desired information.
What You Need:
- Generate insightful reports for cross-functional teams, enhancing overall company efficiency and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for both new and existing code.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field plus
- 2 years of experience coding in an API environment
- Demonstrated experience as a Software Engineer with proficiency in Python, Ruby, C++, Git, and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Solid background in AWS, covering data backup and serverless deployment.
- Proven expertise in the implementation of effective monitoring and alerting systems.
- Strong proficiency in Identity Management systems.
- Ability to excel both independently and collaboratively in fast-paced environments.
- Strong communication skills and a knack for creative problem-solving.
- Comfortable working in a command-line environment.
- Experience with AWS S3 & Lambda.
- Proficiency working with REST APIs.
- Experience with Okta and Okta workflows as an IAM
- Exposure to IAC (TF specifically)
- ETL experience
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer's People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Archer Aviation does not engage with external recruiting agencies/individual recruiters with whom it does not have a prior written agreement. Archer reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes that it receives and bears no responsibility for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes. If you are a recruiting agency or individual recruiter wishing to do business with Archer, please reach out to People@archer.com. All employment processes are managed by the Archer People Team.