To use the MRP/ERP system and other interdepartmental systems, processes, and documents to schedule and control a variety of issues, situations, or requirements while completing assigned work area activities.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working from a variety of systems and reports as applicable to the facility, coordinates the production schedule/ weekly plan in assigned work area to assure schedule compliance and level loads at work centers to support production and spares orders.
- Schedules and stages production and aftermarket orders, parts, kits, material, and tools thru the shop area based on dispatch, capacity and lead time.
- Works to reduce past due conditions, eliminate line shortages, and provide achievable commitment dates. With operations, identifies aging orders and resolution.
- Works with MRP and Operations to identify, mitigate, and resolve shortages owed to and owed from assigned area. Maintains shortage system and communicates barriers to achieving due dates. Prioritizes orders in systems and provides commitment dates within system for orders in area. May serve as POC in shortage meetings as assigned by leadership.
- Works with MRP and Operations to conduct capacity reviews. Monitors work center queue to support schedule loading. Monitors input and output capacity. May release orders as queued by analyst.
- May participate in area team walks, area team meetings, and continuous improvement activities as required.
- Performs a variety of system functions to maintain system data integrity and assure order, requirement, and inventory accuracy. Performs scrap and shop loss transactions. Provides system updates for WIP as required.
- Participates in open order inventory.
- May assist supervisor with disposition or impact of rejected material, order completion activities, analyzing bottleneck issues, and machine or tool rework problems.
- May guide and instruct lower grade personnel in providing accurate status and availability of parts to keep production lines operating.
- Must have a high school diploma, an equivalent certificate, or a bronze level WorkKeys certification.
- Minimum 6 months experience in scheduling, expediting, planning or relative experience required.
- Ability to interpret shop documents preferred.
- Must have SAP experience and be keyboard proficient.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Textron Aviation has been inspiring the journey of flight for nine decades through the iconic and beloved Cessna and Beechcraft brands. We are passionate advocates of aviation, empowering people with the freedom of flight. As you join our legacy as a global leader in private aviation, you’ll have opportunities to try new fields, expand your skills and knowledge, stretch your abilities, and build your career. We provide a competitive and extensive total rewards package that includes pay and innovative benefits to support you and your family members – now and in the future, beginning day one. Your success is our success.
Join Textron Aviation’s Kansas team and you may be eligible for a $5,000 state of Kansas Aviation tax credit for up to five years. Visit https://www.aircapitaloftheworld.com/taxcredits for more information on the tax credit.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.Recruiting Company
Textron AviationPrimary Location
Individual ContributorJob Type
First ShiftJob Posting
02/08/2024, 10:34:58 AM