Location: Logan Intl Apt (BOS-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 71542
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Hubs & Gateways Team within the Customer Experience Division.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the daily operation of the Control Center with responsibility and authority to ensure that all operations are carried out within guidelines and policies set forth by the company.
- Salary range is $115,292.06 - $152,829.95
What you'll do
- Plans, develops, implements, and executes local operating processes in accordance with AA, FAA, and other local regulatory requirements
- Ensures daily operations are carried out in accordance with American Airlines and local operating policies
- Creates and monitors operational plans to mitigate effects of weather, construction, aircraft mechanical problems, air traffic control constraints, fuel supplies, labor problems, or other sources of disruption to the overall airline operation
- Manages contingency plans to avoid lengthy tarmac delays during irregular operations
- Conducts investigations and completes detailed reports associated with potential DOT tarmac rule violation occurrences
- Ensures safe and reliable Gateway Control Center operations while focusing attention on conducting the most efficient operation
- Coordinates and collaborates with network regional partners to ensure a consistent, efficient Customer experience
- Ensures continuous collaboration and coordination takes place with the IOC and other internal departments as well as external agencies and the FAA ATC Tower
- Ensures the local processes, procedures and automation are harmonized in accordance with American’s other Gateway and Hub Control Centers and the Control Center Harmonization (CCH) project
- Provides leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every employees skills
- Establishes internal measures of employee satisfaction
- Provides employee engagement opportunities
- Drives process improvements for internal and external customer satisfaction and improved employee relations
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellence through continuous staff development programs that enhance employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale
- Manages and leads local processes to continuously improve the Customer experience
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- 6 years of industry experience with at least 2 years of experience in a Hub operation
- 5 years of experience managing others in a management role
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Outstanding organizational, operational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time-management skills with the ability to handle operational challenges and multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to research issues to determine systemic and individual resolutions
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 71542