Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 71352
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and duringyour time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
You will have a direct impact on American’s data culture! The enterprise’s training, understanding and effective use of data via Data Governance precepts relies firmly on our team’s shoulders and you are an integral part of the team!
This position focuses on one or more of the following Data Governance Capabilities:
- Data Literacy (Cultivate a Data Driven organization)
- Data Stewardship (Identify and Empower our Data Experts)
- Data Quality (Ensure that American has Trusted Data to be successful)
- Metadata Management (Catalog our Data Assets and Business Concepts)
- Master Data Management (Master our Data)
- Data as an Asset (Make the most of our precious Data resources)
- Privacy and Compliance (Ensure responsible use and care of our Data)
What you'll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Lead the creation, maintenance, and rollout of American’s Data Governance Capabilities
- Responsible for the Capability’s workflows, standards, processes, policies, and guidelines required to make it a day-to-day reality
- Be an integral part of the Data Governance Program Management from a Data Quality capability side
- Collaborate across the Enterprise to enable Data Governance and data Quality standards
- Work with our Data Governance Executive Committee to define and monitor core Metrics and KPIs for each Capability
- Research, review, recommend and rollout new software
- Work with the Data Governance Platform team(s) to automate Capability processes
- Act as the Product Owner for Capability Products
- Be the Capability’s spokesperson and the chief marketer
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 5 years Data Analytics and/or Data Governance Experience
- Experience implementing one or more Data Governance Capabilities in an organization
- Experience developing and tracking metrics to determine adoption/success of data governance capabilities
- Experience working with Business Intelligence products, Data Lakes, and Data Warehouses
- Experience working with sensitive data (i.e. PII, SPII, PHI) and relevant regulatory policies that govern such data (i.e. GDPR, CCPA, etc)
- Experience working on Data Quality & Obsrevability tools
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Change management experience identifying downstream data impacts for regulatory requirements and reporting
- Experience automating data governance processes/workflows using market leading data governance products
- Detailed experience delivering data governance artifacts such as data dictionaries, metadata, lineage, data movement controls and data element level data quality controls
- Experience as a Data Steward (acting as a data expert, auditing, and reviewing data access, acting as a product owner for a data product, data domain, etc.)
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps frameworks
- Airline, Aviation, Travel and/or Hospitality Experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Strong understanding of Data and Analytical concepts
- Data Governance certifications: CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional), DGSP (Data Governance and Stewardship Professional)
- Ability to bridge the communication gap by translating technical governance concepts to the Business
- Ability to be flexible in an evolving operating model and able to pivot easily on areas of focus
- Ability to manage projects and teams from idea generation through execution
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 71352