PURPOSE: While practicing “Safety Always” in every aspect of job performance and airline operations, the Manager of Flight Crew Scheduling will inspire travel by keeping our promises to customers and crewmembers and build long lasting customer loyalty. They will act as the strategic innovator and designer of the Crew Scheduling structure and organization to guide the department towards excellence by building an industry leading crew. The Manager will lead by living all of Avelo’s values: Safety Always, Keeping It Simple, Do the Right Thing, and One Crew on every flight, every day.
1) SAFETY: Demonstrate safety ownership in every aspect of their responsibilities, performance, and behavior to ensure the successful outcome of every Avelo Airlines flight:
- Ensure all identified safety or regulatory non-compliance and/or ineffective processes are reported so they can be assessed and corrected by Avelo Airlines.
- Lead, actively participate in, and contribute to our Avelo Airlines safety management system and promotions.
- Develop and implement Crew Scheduling departmental success, compliance measurements, and goals to maintain focus on personal and departmental expectations for excellence and productivity.
2) SCHEDULING STANDARDS: The leader Crew Scheduling will lead and work as “One Crew” to encourage all Crewmembers to support each other, own their roles and work together to achieve excellence.
- Create and maintain effective standards for Crew Scheduling to achieve performance goals.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements and performance goals are considered when designing all processes and training for the Crew Scheduling department.
- Lead Avelo Airlines Crew Planning and Scheduling execution of all flight activity to achieve on-time, efficient operations, while never compromising our commitment to “Safety Always”.
- Identify and share opportunities for continuous improvement with the leadership team.
3) CUSTOMER AND CREW LEADERSHIP: Build customer loyalty and live our “One Crew” value by leading Avelo Crew Scheduling to deliver on our purpose, values, vision, and brand.
- Enable effective performance through transparent and authentic communication with all Crewmembers.
- Lead all Crew Scheduling Crewmembers to work together and perform effectively by modeling our Values and living our Vision in everything.
- 2+ years of direct leadership experience is required.
- Ideally 2+ years of airline scheduling experience
- Knowledge of Part 117 and Part 121 regulations.
- Familiarity with scheduling operating systems.
- Strong real-time decision-making experience - Ability to negotiate change requests quickly to ensure success of the Flight Crew and the Operation.
- Effective and empathetic communication and listening skills.
- Critical thinking to identify, evaluate, and select optimal actions to operate safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Strong risk management and problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action when an issue arises.
- Microsoft Office skills basics (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams).
- Must be willing and able to work onsite Monday to Friday along with some holidays/weekends as needed for the management of airline operational issues.
- Must be a US citizen, permanent resident or EAD holder.
- Management of Crew Scheduling experience preferred.
- Crew Resources and Crew planning experience preferred.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, etc.)