Network Operations Control
Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
All of Southwest’s People come together to deliver on our Purpose; Connecting People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. The Network Director is responsible for the daily oversight of the Network Operations Control (NOC) and the effective direction of all available resources to ensure safe, compliant, efficient, and reliable airline schedule operations. This role interacts with different NOC Teams to execute the day-of schedule and any planning for the next day. The Network Director is a strategic problem solver,who is ready to drive the future of Southwest’s Flight Operations.
The culture of Southwest Airlines means we value the camaraderie, collaboration, and innovation that occurs when we come together and interact face-to-face at our vibrant Corporate Campus. Due to the nature of this role, you would be required to work from our Dallas, TX headquarters facility during business hours.
U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
Model the Southwest Way
- Guide and lead Team Members using SWA talent management practices to coach, develop, and engage Employees
- Adhere to Company values and competencies to foster a Culture of inclusion, recognition, and support of a safe work environment
- Invest in Leadership and self-growth through participating in continuous learning and development
- Oversee all aspects of the NOC and maintain responsibility for the effective operation of the daily flight schedule
- Ensure “on the day” airline network reliability; on-time performance, completion factor, and safe, compliant, and reliable operations while producing maximum Customer Satisfaction and maintaining low costs
- Ensure the NOC is coordinating with all other necessary departments, Stations, ATC facilities, airport authorities and others to solve flight movement issues, including improvement of network flows, reduction of ATC imposed delays, mitigation of delays, effective use of all recovery tools (Baker, spares, Sword, Cancel, Crews, etc.)
- Maintain authority to stop or start operations into or out of airports using guidance provided by the Director of Operations or other NOC Sr. Leaders
- Communicate Company and departmental mission, goals, performance standards and operational philosophies to NOC Employees
- Moderate various forums for the purpose of operational review, readiness, and improvement, including but not limited to NOC Ops Briefs
- Oversee the development and coordination of major schedule reductions
- Coordinate among Flight Operations, Inflight, Maintenance, Ground Operations and Crew Scheduling, and others to ensure consistent and efficient operating procedures, philosophies and practices and recommend policy changes
- Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides high performance, high morale, integrity, teamwork and work-life balance
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the Southwest Airlines Network and ATC Systems
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations and Ops Spec
- Knowledge of NOC Teams responsibilities and systems
- Knowledge of Company growth, federal regulations, and other factors requiring changes in strategy and operational activities
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to complex problems
- Skilled in motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Skilled in bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Ability to think strategically and understand the relationship between current actions and future consequences
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality as well as meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive Company information
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among unrelated events)
- Ability to work well with others as part of a Team, professionally interact with other departments, labor groups, the public and possess the ability to handle complex issues
- Ability to involve the right people at the right time to drive timely and effective decision
- Ability to work under regulatory constraints and in a stressful environment
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated experience in directly or indirectly leading team(s)
- Advanced Business Acumen in functional area
- Seasoned and specialized knowledge in:
- Operational planning and tactical daily operations (i.e. Dispatch, Pilot, Inflight, Maintenance, Ground Ops)
- Part 121 and /or 135 operational experience
- FAA Airmen Certificate or equivalent military certification
- Ability to perform work duties from (limited space, work station/desk/office area) for extended periods
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Ability to work extended hours based on operational needs
Pay & Benefits:
Competitive market salary from $183,950 per year to $204,400 per year* depending on qualifications and experience, with opportunity for future pay increases based on performance and market movement. For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the Company.
As a Network Director, you can expect:
Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights—your eligible dependents too.
Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, per paycheck.**
Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit.***
Explore more Benefits you’ll love: swa.is/benefits
*Pay amount doesn’t guarantee employment for any particular period of time
**401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Posting End Date
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.