At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home, and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!Position Summary
Manager, Fuel Programs reports to the Senior Director, Supply Chain Programs Planning and Initiatives. The manager position is responsible for all fuel supply, into-plane fueling, and storage needs in support of Hawaiian Airlines operations including sourcing, procurement, contract administration, vendor management and operational oversight. This position is expected to travel up to 25% with frequent 1 to 2-day visits to stations where Hawaiian Airlines operates.Key Responsibilities
- Manage the administration and logistics of aircraft fuel to support on-time aircraft operations including supply, into-plane fueling services and storage
- Manage the administration and logistics of ground-based fuels for ground support / ramp equipment (unleaded / diesel)
- Develop purchasing and operational strategies that reduce Hawaiian Airline’s total cost of fuel services by conducting analysis of market trends and potential suppliers along with opportunities to leverage changes in processes, systems, and products/services to capture cost savings
- Represent Hawaiian Airlines by actively participating in various fuel consortiums including a significant role with HFFC (Hawaii Fueling Facilities Corporation) to ensure that fueling needs for Hawaiian Airlines are met
- Work closely with Sourcing and Procurement to negotiate fuel related prices, policies, and terms with suppliers to ensure Hawaiian’s best interests are met
- Monitor and communicate fuel, surplus status, and performance to all stakeholders, including Accounting. Track and report benefits and/or impacts to the fuel budget
- Work directly with operations/departments to identify sourcing requirements and perform analysis to determine the scope of the requirements
- Work directly with suppliers and Airport Operations personnel, including facilitating supplier management activities across divisions
- Develop and maintain strong company and supplier relationships
- Other duties as assigned
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are dedicated to offering a comprehensive total rewards package that aims to attract, engage, and retain the finest talent in the industry. Our rewards structure is thoughtfully designed to include a competitive base salary coupled with variable compensation opportunities. This balanced approach ensures a fulfilling and lucrative work environment, aligning individual achievements with the broader organizational success.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and related working experience
- 5 years of experience in commercial aviation or related experience
- 2 years managing vendor relationships and sourcing or related experience
- Self-directing, assertive, and able to meet deadlines in an environment of constantly changing priorities and data
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Hawaiian Airlines is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT - regulation, 49 CFR part 40) and all applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment drug testing will be conducted to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opioids, PCP (Phencyclidine), and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into a safety-sensitive position. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
- In addition to routine employment eligibility verification, U.S.-based airlines must gather information to validate country of citizenship and country of birth. Upon hire, you must provide documentation proving your current country of citizenship and birthplace.
Please note that the provided salary information serves as a general guideline. Our salary is determined by a candidate's experience and qualifications as well as market and business considerations. The expected pay range is $104,000 - $128,000.
About Hawaiian Airlines
- Experience with airlines, MRO or aviation related procurement
- Five years in Fuel Management, Procurement, Finance/Accounting, or Airport Operations
Now in its 95th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaiʻi's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers approximately 150 daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands, and nonstop flights between Hawaiʻi and 15 U.S. gateway cities – more than any other airline – as well as service connecting Honolulu and American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and Tahiti.
Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawaiʻi. The carrier was named Hawaiʻi's best employer by Forbes in 2022 and has topped Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best
list as the No. 1 U.S. airline for the past two years. Hawaiian has also led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for 18 consecutive years (2004-2021) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
The airline is committed to connecting people with aloha by offering complimentary meals for all guests on transpacific routes and the convenience of no change fees on Main Cabin and Premium Cabin seats. HawaiianMiles members also enjoy flexibility with miles that never expire. As Hawai‘i’s hometown airline, Hawaiian encourages guests to Travel Pono and experience the islands safely and respectfully.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.