At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home, and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!Position Summary
The Business Functional Analyst of Training Systems reports to the Senior Director of Training Administration and will oversee all initiatives related to training systems support for the entire company. This position will design, implement, configure, and customize all systems associated with supporting Operations Training. This includes but not limited to the identification of system requirements, construction of new functionality, maintenance of existing infrastructure, development of custom reports, and management of special projects to meet client/stakeholder needs. All logistics associated with the integration of training systems with interfaces is within scope of this role. Providing technical support in accordance with operational requirements will be a key function, ensuring that scheduling and recordkeeping systems provide real-time, comprehensive, and accurate information in accordance with HA policies and procedures, federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.Key Responsibilities
- Act as the central point of contact for all departments regarding operations training software systems.
- Oversee functionality and integration of training management system (TMS), learning management system (LMS), and training recordkeeping system for all operations training courses, programs, and activities.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors including: billing, invoicing, system infrastructure, hosting, servicing, accounts, network security, and technical support.
- Implement new software modules & upgrades, identifying bugs, and instituting fixes as required.
- Provide direction and feedback on future enhancements of software versions to the business and third-party vendors.
- Create, modify, plan, and execute user acceptable testing (UAT) scripts and documentation.
- Research and resolve all reported system functionality discrepancies utilizing electronic ticketing system.
- Perform root cause analysis on transactional and reporting issues, determining if perceived or actual, and put procedures in place to prevent recurrence.
- Partner with other training support leaders to manage personnel interfaces of the system to include registration, course status, completion data, and reporting outputs.
- Translate business requests into IT requirements, functional specifications, and user documentation.
- Develop comprehensive electronic process flows, in cooperation with subject matter experts from each workgroup.
- Communicate system status to users and leadership, including upcoming maintenance periods, and unplanned outages.
- Build, socialize, audit, and launch training products and curriculums in alignment with FAA approved and accepted manuals.
- Collaborate with operations training leadership to assist Senior Director with developing strategic vision and project roadmap for future initiatives.
- Implement program automation to ensure standards, policies, procedures, and best practices are universally applied to maximize efficiency.
- Conduct training courses enterprise wide for new users and as part of continuing education for existing users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are dedicated to offering a comprehensive total rewards package that aims to attract, engage, and retain the finest talent in the industry. Our rewards structure is thoughtfully designed to include a competitive base salary coupled with variable compensation opportunities. This balanced approach ensures a fulfilling and lucrative work environment, aligning individual achievements with the broader organizational success.
- Bachelors degree, or an equivalent combination of education and related working experience.
- 2 years of airline training systems management experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of MINT TMS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong organization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, embrace change, and work closely with vendors to create effective training management solutions.
- Hawaiian Airlines is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT - regulation, 49 CFR part 40) and all applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment drug testing will be conducted to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opioids, PCP (Phencyclidine), and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into a safety-sensitive position. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
- In addition to routine employment eligibility verification, U.S.-based airlines must gather information to validate country of citizenship and country of birth. Upon hire, you must provide documentation proving your current country of citizenship and birthplace.
Please note that the provided salary information serves as a general guideline. Our salary is determined by a candidate's experience and qualifications as well as market and business considerations. The expected pay range is $91,000 - $111,000.
About Hawaiian Airlines
- Project Management experience.
- 5 years of airline training systems management experience.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Pelesys LMS.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of UltiPro/UKG Pro HRIS.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Sabre CrewTrac & CrewQual.
- Proficiency in SQL, Java, & Python.
Now in its 95th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaiʻi's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers approximately 150 daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands, and nonstop flights between Hawaiʻi and 15 U.S. gateway cities – more than any other airline – as well as service connecting Honolulu and American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and Tahiti.
Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawaiʻi. The carrier was named Hawaiʻi's best employer by Forbes in 2022 and has topped Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best
list as the No. 1 U.S. airline for the past two years. Hawaiian has also led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for 18 consecutive years (2004-2021) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
The airline is committed to connecting people with aloha by offering complimentary meals for all guests on transpacific routes and the convenience of no change fees on Main Cabin and Premium Cabin seats. HawaiianMiles members also enjoy flexibility with miles that never expire. As Hawai‘i’s hometown airline, Hawaiian encourages guests to Travel Pono and experience the islands safely and respectfully.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.