At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home, and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!Position Summary
The Enterprise Freight & Logistics Program Manager is Hawaiian Airline’s companywide expert in freight operations and is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing a freight and logistics program focused on delivering parts, goods, and materials to support company operations and maintenance at the lowest total cost of ownership/delivery. Identifying and addressing significant logistics and transportation challenges facing the company from the perspective of capacity, cost, and service is a dynamically changing requirement of the position. The Program Manager will be required to engage with and hold external service providers accountable to operational performance goals and maintain excellent working relationships with these key critical business partners. This position requires a mature and influential leader with in-depth global logistics experience that can drive best practices and compliance across multiple company departments including Catering, Strategic Procurement, Product Development, Ground Support Equipment, and Technical Operations.Will Have a Strong Track-record Of
- Business planning and execution
- Transportation pricing models across various modes
- Strategy development
This leader must be comfortable interacting with and influencing internal and external senior leadership. Significant experience with multiple domestic and international transportation modes (small parcel, TL, LTL, ocean and air) is required.Key Responsibilities
- Leadership: Create a compelling logistics vision and gain corporate buy-in. Direct the activities of external 3PL teams (currently 10 teams) and their operations staff. Set joint business goals, both operational and financial, measuring and evaluating performance of the 3PL, collaborating with 3PL and internal customers to improve future performance, and holding the 3PL accountable through contract enforcement up to and including termination.
- Strategy Development: Develops logistics strategies including supporting implementation plans that support the overall goals of Supply Chain Management and Tech Ops.
- Process & Systems Development: Update or design workflow processes to enable the logistics program usage by all departments across Hawaiian Airlines. Write processes in standard work documents and user guides. Evaluate and test new systems supporting the logistics strategy which will improve efficiency, reliability, visibility and/or scalability.
- Contract Negotiations: Collaborate with Sourcing and Procurement to identify qualified 3PLs, assess capabilities, negotiate rates and services, and coordinate contracts with internal and external legal teams as necessary. For key contracts in all departments, provide assessment of relative benefits of various purchase agreements comparing landed cost of products delivered by supplier versus landed cost when Hawaiian pays for transportation and/or duties & taxes.
- Project Management: Implement strategic projects using analytics to define and inform key issues, and then generating concise and compelling business cases. Align and gain stakeholder support. Secure resources and direct the activities for approved projects leading to successful implementation and results.
- Analytics: Manage large datasets with advanced skills to identify improvement opportunities. Develop and utilize Key Performance Indicators to measure service and cost performance as well as identifying trends to leverage or correct. Develop dashboards and various technologies supporting the streamlining of the business.
- Trade Compliance: Stay up to date on import and export regulations and implement practices and training to ensure company compliance to all US and international trade law associated with HA logistics activities. Act as a SME to all departments on trade compliance, customs/duties, as well as assist in import or export clearances for special projects.
- Invoice Management: Manages invoice processes and ensures charges are accurate and reflect services rendered. Research and challenge erroneous or duplicate invoices. Company business owner for third party automated freight invoice tracking and auditing.
- Operations Management: Provide oversight for the shipment of large capital equipment purchases such as tow tractors, engines, or large aircraft parts. Ensure proper handling techniques are employed to manage risk of damage in transit. Provide in-transit visibility to Tech Ops and Airport Operations teams including coordination of special handling equipment when required. On occasion, intervene as necessary to ensure the most prudent transportation related decisions are being made to deliver all priorities of material.
- Solutions Development: Utilize industry knowledge and problem-solving skills to work through challenges, particularly for heavy maintenance checks and ad hoc projects for other departments, and design effective logistics solutions.
- Training & Education: Create and deliver training to effectively utilize the logistics program capabilities. Work with international trade resources to identify compliance gaps with importing & exporting; develop training necessary to ensure trade compliance. Provide content to Training team to ensure Hawaiian Airlines meets trade compliance, customs/duties, and best practice training requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are dedicated to offering a comprehensive total rewards package that aims to attract, engage, and retain the finest talent in the industry. Our rewards structure is thoughtfully designed to include a competitive base salary coupled with variable compensation opportunities. This balanced approach ensures a fulfilling and lucrative work environment, aligning individual achievements with the broader organizational success.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and related working experience.
- 5 years of experience in analytics, modeling, or business planning.
- 2 years of vendor management experience.
- 3 years leading teams (directly or in a matrix structure).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Examples of creating, defining, and implementing business strategy.
- Strong communication skills, able to create and present business proposals to decision makers/executives.
- Hawaiian Airlines is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT - regulation, 49 CFR part 40) and all applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment drug testing will be conducted to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opioids, PCP (Phencyclidine), and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into a safety-sensitive position. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
- In addition to routine employment eligibility verification, U.S.-based airlines must gather information to validate country of citizenship and country of birth. Upon hire, you must provide documentation proving your current country of citizenship and birthplace.
Please note that the provided salary information serves as a general guideline. Our salary is determined by a candidate's experience and qualifications as well as market and business considerations. The expected pay range is $70,000 - $92,000.
About Hawaiian Airlines
- MBA, MS, or MA (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or Equivalent).
- Familiarization with PeopleSoft procurement and payables process.
- Working knowledge of HA’s maintenance ERP system: TRAX or similar maintenance management system.
- General understanding of Import/Export policies and procedures, Incoterms.
- Prior experience in procurement and/or logistics in the airline industry.
- Experience with TranzAct (Freight Payment & Audit); 3PL reporting and notification applications.
- Understanding of Electronic Data Interchange applications – Shipment tracking and invoicing.
- Diverse background in all aspects of international freight forwarding and operations within a dynamic growth environment.
Now in its 95th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaiʻi's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers approximately 150 daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands, and nonstop flights between Hawaiʻi and 15 U.S. gateway cities – more than any other airline – as well as service connecting Honolulu and American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and Tahiti.
Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawaiʻi. The carrier was named Hawaiʻi's best employer by Forbes in 2022 and has topped Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best
list as the No. 1 U.S. airline for the past two years. Hawaiian has also led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for 18 consecutive years (2004-2021) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
The airline is committed to connecting people with aloha by offering complimentary meals for all guests on transpacific routes and the convenience of no change fees on Main Cabin and Premium Cabin seats. HawaiianMiles members also enjoy flexibility with miles that never expire. As Hawai‘i’s hometown airline, Hawaiian encourages guests to Travel Pono and experience the islands safely and respectfully.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.