At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Vancouver
is seeking a Defense & Government Services Project Manager reporting to the Interim Manager of Defense & Government Services. The position will be based from our Ottawa, Ontario office.
Come help keep Boeing’s digital solutions at the forefront of the aviation market! Be a part of an innovative, cutting edge team bringing industry leading solutions to our Government customers.
We are currently looking for a talented individual to help us support our Medium to Heavy Lift Helicopter (MHLH) Program Office in Ottawa, ON for multiple project initiatives across all Integrated Product Teams such as Engineering, Supply and Logistics Support Analysis (LSA).
This role is an integral part of the Boeing team, helping to execute a variety of technical and business-related initiatives across the Program. The position requires experience collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders to successfully deliver against Program commitments and priorities. Creating and leading effective project management processes and detailed planning and communication skills are essential.
The successful candidate will have experience as a Project Manager who understands the importance of collaboration and is able to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced customer environment. They will also bring an understanding of project management best practices.
Above all, we are seeking someone who will value and champion our culture of learning, trust, and relentless collaborative energy. We love fresh perspectives and innovative approaches to everyday business challenges. We believe that thirst for knowledge and having fun go hand-in-hand.Position Responsibilities:
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
- Performs project management duties (i.e. planning, managing, reporting) for delivery against key program initiatives
- Monitors project execution and prioritized projects based on Program commitments
- Communicates openly and effectively with other roles and skillsets to address any issues, concerns or roadblocks as well as identifying opportunities for efficiency and improvement
- Identifies and tracks risks and mitigation plan for key program initiatives
- Liaises with the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and other Boeing teams for timely communications, updates for action items and follow through on commitments to ensure seamless delivery of projects
- Collaborates with internal finance team to monitor actual cost incurred against released budget and support EVM reporting requirements
- Engages with the Boeing customer/suppliers to provide updates and status as required and identify dependencies
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to support the testing and deployment of software into customer applications, environment or operations
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience communicating and collaborating directly with internal or external customers, suppliers, peers, other employees, and all levels of leadership
- 3+ years of experience leading multiple teams and projects that involve cross-functional and/or cross-business domains
- Candidate must be legally able to work in Canada and consent to Canadian Government Controlled Goods Program (CGP) assessment.
- Must be willing and eligible to work on Canadian government and defense-related programs.
- Must legally able to work in Canada
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Individual must not pose a risk for safeguarding of controlled good
- Must be eligible to handle US export-controlled data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Typical Education/ Experience:
- Experience in a role that requires strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Prefer completion of, or enrollment towards Project Management Professional designation.
- Prefer experience working with Government programs
- Prefer experience within the Aerospace domain
- Prefer experience with IT/Software Development
- Post-secondary education in related field
- Current Secret II clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).Relocation:
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Additional Information:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance Level II from the Canadian government. Requirements to obtain a secret security clearance can be found at:
To review the Canadian Controlled Goods and Public Service and Procurement Canada requirements please go to the following government pages below:
Applications for this position will be accepted through February 29, 2024Export Control Requirements:
This is an export control position.Export Control Details:
Non – US based jobEqual Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.