Avionics / Electronic Systems Engineer - Integrated Avionics Systems - TS I in GAC Savannah
- Aircraft Avionics and/or Electronic Systems development and integration experience
- Development, integration, test, troubleshooting of electronic aircraft systems, including but not limited to:
- Integrated Avionics, Integrated Modular Avionics, Central Computing Systems, Data Networks
- Flight Deck Displays, PFD, MFD, Integrated Standby Instrument, EFIS, Touch Screen
- EICAS, Synoptic Displays, Crew Alerting
- Autoflight, Flight Director/Autothrottle, FMS/Navigation
- Experience with FAA (14 CFR Part 25) certification
Education And Experience Requirements
- Experience with EASA (CS-25) certification
- Functional testing and troubleshooting experience at aircraft or system integration lab
- Experience with DO-160, DO-178 and DO-254 processes
- ARP-4754A experience with requirements development, validation and verification, with IBM DOORS or other requirements management tools
- Experience with managing supplier technical and deliverable tasks in an engineering environment
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job. Position Purpose
:Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and servicesJob Description
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
Perform other duties as assigned.Other Requirements:
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
Requisition Number: 218304
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 03/08/2024
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream will consider employment visa sponsorship, if applicable.
Copyright © 2023 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft