- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Manages new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Responsible for employee data management and transactional HR for the site, including time and attendance and HRIS systems.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and engagement; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of principles and best practices for recruitment and selection
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills with employees and all levels of management; able to create a working environment of open communication and trust
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to confidentially manage HR and medical related information and demonstrate ethical and professional conduct at all times
- Proven ability to partner with manufacturing leadership to provide expertise on HR initiatives
- Proficiency with HRIS systems – Kronos, PeopleSoft, and Success Factors experience a plus
- 4-year college degree in Human Resources or similar field, PHR or SPHR a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing HR required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov) and Genetic Information Discrimination