As the nation’s flag carrier, we take great pride in connecting Britain with the world and the world with Britain.
It’s something we’ve been doing for over 100 years, ever since we launched the world’s first international scheduled air service between London and Paris.
This originality has been in our blood since day one. It’s the spirit we share with the people that fly with us, our partners, and our colleagues.
So, whether you are a reassuring voice on the end of a phone, a smile at the door, under a wing keeping the turbines spinning or landing us gently in far-flung places, a job at British Airways is yours to make.
We know great things can happen when you’re inspired to think big and bring your ambition to work every day, which is why, at British Airways the sky is never the limit.
An exciting opportunity to join British Airways Nexus programme as a Comms and Engagement Lead has arisen!
This role sits within the Nexus Programme Management team and owns the development of colleague engagement and communication across the programme and wider business.
Nexus is working in an agile way to build the most convenient, effective and personalised customer experience in aviation. Nexus will bring a step-change in experience across the customer journey. Whether customers are booking their trip, managing their order, or we are supporting them while they travel; Nexus brings future proof technology putting digital first.
Please note this role is a 12-month secondment/FTC opportunity only.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies and plans to support Nexus objectives and initiatives.
- Manage regular programme communication, including weekly newsletters, presentations and reports.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives, encouraging a positive and inclusive work environment within the Nexus Programme.
- Responsible for creation and reporting of the Nexus survey, including collation and communication of the data, using this to drive engagement initiatives working closely with the Supplier Management Executive to monitor engagement levels and propose corrective action.
What you’ll bring to British Airways:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication to a diverse audience.
- Strong time management and organisation skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Champions innovation and agility.
- Delivery focused and applies a creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience of driving colleague engagement and improving best-practice in a complex organisation is essential to this role.
- IT-savvy, particularly with MS Excel, PowerPoint and design tools.
What we offer:
We believe that all the people who work with us should feel valued for the part they play. It’s one of the reasons our rewards go far beyond a competitive salary.
From the day you join us, you’ll get access to brilliant staff travel benefits including unlimited basic and premium standby tickets on British Airways flights. You’ll also receive up to 30 discounted ‘Hotline’ airfares per year for yourself, friends, and family.
At British Airways you’ll have the chance to take on new challenges and move forward in a way that feels right for you. We encourage all those who work for us to consider opportunities right across our business to help you develop and progress.
We never stand still, and we don’t expect our people to either.
Inclusion & Diversity
At British Airways we all have a part to play in creating an inclusive place to work. Diverse representation among our people is really important to us and we recognise that all our colleagues are uniquely different and bring their own originality, creativity and identity to work.
Inclusion and diversity is a key driver of innovation and we’re committed to creating a culture where everyone feels that they can be themselves. We’re looking for people from all backgrounds and cultures to join us and be a part of our journey to become a Better BA as we continue to connect Britain with the world and the world with Britain.
Please note interviews will be held WC 4th March