Job Description Summary
Come join our Sourcing Operations team that is changing the way we do Procurement at GE Aerospace! We have a team passionately focused on process and operations that support our entire Sourcing organization. We use lean every day to continuously improve our transactional operations to reduce employee burden, drive efficiency and generate productivity as we deliver for our customers.
The Consignment Buying Specialist will work in the Consignment Center of Excellence (COE) within GE Aerospace Supply Chain. In this role, you will be a buyer focal for approved consignment suppliers, responsible for set up of purchase orders, requisition creation and placement, and daily management of parts in scope. The role will also include process improvement initiatives within the consignment team and cross-functional collaboration.
This role is eligible for a hybrid or remote working schedule and is based out of our Evendale, OH Sourcing office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support and execute sourcing tasks and operations related to consignment as required.
- Review existing standard work and procedures. Identify opportunity and provide feedback for improvements. Ensures processes are formalized and documented through standard operating procedures, work instructions, and standard work templates as required.
- Provides guidance and training to other sourcing members interacting with consignment. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Impacts projects, processes, and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Participates in team operating rhythms and helps to find creative solutions to address complex problems that impact the organization. Has ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Communicates messages and collaborates with others to adopt a different point of view and gain buy-in across the commodity team. Influences peers for support as required.
- Utilizes expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions. Ability to learn and use Lean in a transactional space with special focus on problem solving, standard work, respect for people and continuous improvement.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing & Buying-Procurement, or Supply Chain Manufacturing experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of Sourcing & Buying-Procurement or Supply Chain Manufacturing experience.
- Experience with Impact or Oracle a plus
- Experience in Aerospace or Automotive Buying/Procurement a plus
- Ability to coach and train others
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
The base pay range for this position is 95,000.00 - 105,000.00. The specific pay offered may be influenced by a variety of factors,including the candidate’s experience, education, and skill set.This position is also eligiblefor an annual discretionary bonus based on apercentage of your base salary/ commission based on the plan.This posting isexpected to close on February15, 2023.
Healthcare benefits include medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage; access to a Health Coach, a 24/7 nurse-based resource; and access to the Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 confidential assessment, counseling and referral services. Retirement benefits include the GE Retirement Savings Plan, a tax-advantaged 401(k) savings opportunity with company matching contributions and company retirement contributions, as well as access to Fidelity resources and planning consultants. Other benefits include tuition assistance, adoption assistance, paid parental leave, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid time-off for vacation or illness.
General Electric Company, Ropcor, Inc., their successors, and in some cases their affiliates, each sponsor certain employee benefit plans or programs (i.e., is a “Sponsor”). Each Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend, replace, or modify its benefit plans and programs at any time and for any reason, in its sole discretion. No individual has a vested right to any benefit under a Sponsor’s welfare benefit plan or program. This document does not create a contract of employment with any individual.
Additional Job Description
This role requires access to U.S. export-controlled information. If applicable, final offers will be contingent on ability to obtain authorization for access to U.S. export-controlled information from the U.S. Government.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No