Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.Business Process Analyst II / Business Process Analyst Senior
This position will perform or assist with operational activities related to the Ball Aerospace Resource Tool ‘BART’ system including administration, operations, configuration, implementations, and upgrades. In addition, this position will support end users through issue resolution and delivery of training.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Perform system administration updates daily, monthly, and quarterly for accurate data and business reporting needs.
- Responsible for data table maintenance ensuring the accuracy, consistency, and integrity of data across the BART system.
- Ensure system changes meet requirements, have adequate administrative documentation, maintain up-to-date training materials, and are implemented using best practices.
- Collaborate with team and system developers to configure, enhance, and test systems to align with business needs.
- Assist with data reporting needs of the department including data retrieval and analysis as needed.
- Work with business users to identify system requirements leveraging interviews, document analysis, business process workflows, and user stories to help analyze business needs.
- May train and guide the work of less experienced Business Process Analysts.
- Provide excellent communication to stakeholders regarding training opportunities, system changes, and operational data as appropriate.
- Assist in development of training materials and teach classes related to system use.
- Act as a trusted business advisor to provide business solutions to stakeholders.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
On-Site Work Environment:
- Business Process Analyst II - Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years or more related experience.
- Business Process Analyst Senior - Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- US Government contracting experience is preferred.
- Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service, accountability, professionalism, and interpersonal skills.
- Drive for results and execution excellence with financial, business management, and technical skills.
- Business systems administration and operational experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Report writing and report preparation skills and experience.
- Experience with the following preferred:
- EcoSys or BART
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- SAP Business Objects
- SQL and/or Power BI
This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days
each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A security clearance or access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position. However, the applicant must be willing and eligible for submission, depending on program requirements, after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access.
Relocation for this position is not available.Compensation & Benefits
Us Citizenship Is Required
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST II: $85,500 - $116,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST SENIOR: $103,500 - $140,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.