Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.Specialist – Cost Estimating & Pricing
In this position, you will contribute to the estimating and pricing strategic support function by applying enterprise cost analysis and cost modeling methods to key pursuits, as well as supporting the Company’s Strategic Business Units (SBUs) with pricing strategy and proposal preparation with adherence to the Estimating System Description (ESD) and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Be a strategic business advisor supporting key pricing decisions for new business teams and leadership.
- Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions during the proposal lifecycle, which includes new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals, as needed.
- Help lead the Company’s historical data and cost modeling efforts.
- Perform historical cost and technical data collection, normalization, maintenance, and analysis.
- Develop and implement Company-specific Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs) and other cost metrics.
- Support analysis of existing tools, and development of new tools, to improve proposal cost estimating and pricing functionality and efficiency.
- Support training on the development and utilization of parametric cost models and other estimating best practices and methods.
- Support implementation and utilization of a standardized Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Utilize commercial and government based estimating tools to validate other estimating techniques (TruePlanning, SEER, ACEIT, NICM, USCM)
- Maintain an effective working relationship with industry and government cost groups (AFCAA, DoD CAPE, Joint Space Cost Council, NRO CAAG, ODNI SRA, ICEAA, and SMC).
- Perform Monte Carlo analysis for all proposals and Rough Orders of Magnitude (ROMs).
- Perform Independent Cost Estimates (ICE) for new business opportunities and current program Estimates at Complete (EACs), as needed.
- Assist in the collection of historical data and perform analysis to support Basis of Estimate (BOE) and Realistic Cost Estimate (RCE) development.
- Apply and follow policies and procedures related to external Request for Proposal (RFP) and Announcement of Opportunity (AO) requirements.
- Perform Request for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) analysis and compliance related to cost, schedule and proposal submittals.
- Apply lessons learned documentation, assessment and implementation of corrective action/improvements to estimating and pricing processes.
- Support and assist in proposal development in both unclassified and classified environments.
- Provide fact finding and negotiations support to proposal teams.
- Conduct presentations for internal management on items related to Ball cost estimating & pricing policies, processes, tools, compliance and industry/government activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
On-Site Work Environment:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 10 or more years of experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Aerospace/government experience required.
- Program and Proposal experience including cost and schedule planning, budgeting, control, analysis, reporting required.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Excel, Teams, Power Point, and SharePoint Online.
- Experience working with data visualization and database management tools preferred.
- Willingness to learn and grow in role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Function in a high paced dynamic team-work environment.
This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days
each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A security clearance or access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position. However, the applicant must be willing and eligible for submission, depending on program requirements, after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access.
Relocation for this position is available.Compensation & Benefits
Us Citizenship Is Required
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 - $158,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.