As a member of the Menzies Aviation Fuel Farm Operating Team you will be responsible for sampling and testing products for quality control, and perform inspections and basic maintenance on facilities, fuel systems and fueling vehicles. Other responsibilities include receiving and dispatching jet fuel, gasoline, diesel fuel, av gas and glycol via pipelines and fuel trucks.
- Watch Our Company Video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duw-5pIXIkk&t=3s
- Support Quality Control Technicians with hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical reports
- Make required daily, weekly and monthly petroleum product log entries of fuel transactions, quality control, and maintenance
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment at fuel storage facilities/systems including related equipment on fueling vehicles
- Perform routine and periodic inspections in compliance with company, customer, government and industry standards
- Complies with A4A specifications on fuel quality
- Transfer products and monitor storage tanks, pipelines and related equipment to ensure that they are in good working order to prevent spills, releases, overfills and product contamination
- Must be able to clean up and keep the Fuel Farm looking presentable at all time
- Conduct all work in a safe fashion by adhering to all company, customer, industry, local, state and federal safe work policies/procedures
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain valid US driver’s license
- Must pass all pre-employment testing including a physical, color vision test, audio test, and drug test
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Handle fueling carts and fueling hoses which will require you to lift and move up to 70lbs
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Must pass background check and obtain US Custom seal as required
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required Airports and Custom badges/seals
- Work is done primarily outdoors; must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Prior fuel farm operator experience preferred
- Advancement Opportunities to Lead, Supervisor and Manager
- Three Health Plans through Meritain Health that offer a variety of coverage
- Two Dental Plans through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance Plan through Met Life Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Accident Coverage Plan
- Critical Illness Coverage Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Coverage Plan
- Company Paid Employee Basic Life and AD&D Insurance $20,000.
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prepaid Legal Coverage Plan
- Identity Theft Protection Plan
- Pet Discount Coverage and Pet Insurance Plan
- Uniform Provided
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly work in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, high voltages and high hydraulic/pneumatic pressures. The employee is also frequently exposed to very loud noise levels, fumes or airborne particles and hazardous substances, materials or waste. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
The Operator performs periodic maintenance and inspections on filters, pumps, valves, tanks, pressure controls, metering and gauging equipment, company vehicles. Ensures that all work assigned is performed in a timely fashion with quality workmanship. Ensure through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to an efficient operation, while projecting a professional image for MENZIES AVIATION.Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear.
Other tasks include digging and shoveling, such as snow removal around equipment and office. Employee may also engage in debris removal which involves lifting, bending and stooping. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70lbs.