Are you ready to take your career to new heights?
As Canada's leading ultra-low-cost carrier, dedicated to providing affordable and exceptional travel experiences to Canadians, Flair Airlines is always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team and contribute to our success as we continue to expand our route network, flight frequency, and services. Given our commitment to growth and excellence, we are currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Maintenance Controller
Location: Calgary, AB (YYC)
Reporting to Maintenance Control Manager, the Maintenance Controller is an experienced, licensed AME – M2. The Maintenance Controller will be responsible for overseeing all line maintenance work performed to ensure that it is conducted in a safe, efficient, and compliant. Providing direction for all aircraft maintenance concerns and coordinating with the various departments within the company to support aircraft schedule requirements.
The duties of the Maintenance Controller include:
- Ensuring the airworthiness of the company’s fleet is maintained, and communicated as the status changes
- Serving as the central point of contact for operational aircrew, dispatch, and maintenance for technical and logistical assistance
- Collaborating with line maintenance, Technical Services, Materials, and duty operations control to formulate and evaluate recovery plans during irregular operations.
- Initiating aircraft swaps when necessary to meet maintenance goals and making decisions regarding discrepancies/deferrals
- Exercising authority and responsibility for supervising and coordinating all line scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Maintain constant surveillance of line station activity. Authorize the use of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL) and other deferrals.
- Produce a daily Fleet status report accessible to key stakeholders.
- Liaise with vendors for overnight maintenance regarding aircraft readiness. Ensure that work has been completed and the logbook has been signed. Verify that all deferred items are in accordance with the time limit authorized by MEL and ensure that all maintenance and operational restrictions are in compliance
- Meticulously record technical delays and actively participate in the Weekly Technical Delay review, contributing recommendations for preventing similar future events
- Managing out-of-hours technical requests to Boeing
- Confirming parts requirements for deferrals and monitoring their status
- Support the accomplishment of planned maintenance in conjunction with the maintenance planning department;
- Coordinate all maintenance ferry flights in accordance with approved procedures
- Completing internal company forms, maintenance records, documents, work orders, and entries in the MRO IT tracking system.
- Generating accurate and comprehensive shift turnover reports
- Identifying safety concerns, issues, incidents, or hazards and reporting them through the company's Safety Management System (SMS) program
Qualifications & Requirements:
The preferred candidate should exemplify Flair's core values of Respect, Integrity, Reliability, and Resilience while demonstrating success in previous roles. Additionally, we are seeking individuals who possess:
- High School or GED equivalent
- Transport Canada (TC) AME license with M2 endorsement
- Two- five (2- 5) years of Maintenance Control experience is preferred
- Extensive experience with Boeing 737, including NG and/or MAX endorsements
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, Airworthiness Directives, engineering drawings, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Canadian Air Regulations (CARs)
- Knowledgeable on computer-based maintenance software, AMOS is considered an asset
- Intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work irregular hours or shift work that may include overnights, evenings, weekends, and holidays, with a schedule that varies
- Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a high-stress, deadline-driven, ever-changing work environment while prioritizing tasks and assignments
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure with time-sensitive priorities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Competencies: Flair team members exhibit common competencies that contribute to individual, team, and company success. This includes:
- the ability to lead as a Flair teammate by being collaborative and modeling our values.
- the ability to maintain diverse relationships with peers and other stakeholders.
- the ability to deliver results with impact and strive to always improve.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
- Clear criminal record check and satisfactory employment references
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction
Why Join Flair Airlines:
At Flair Airlines, we value our employees and provide a supportive and collaborative work environment that offers opportunities for growth and professional achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, effective on the first day of employment which includes:
- Competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, both short and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, dependent life insurance, and an employee & family assistance program.
- Pension plan with matched contributions.
- Performance-based bonuses reflecting individual accomplishments.
- Attractive referral incentive program.
- Access to our staff travel program, allowing employees and their travel companions unlimited travel access across the Flair network.
How to Apply:
If you’re ready to embark on this exciting journey with Flair Airlines, please submit your resume through the job posting and answer a few questions about your experience and suitability for the role.
Application Deadline: when a successful candidate is identified.
Flair Airlines is committed to creating an inclusive, equal, and accessible environment that attracts diverse talent. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require accommodation during the selection process, please let us know. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you on board!