Want to work for one of the leading Ground Handling companies in the world? Join Menzies Aviation and be part of our family!
As a member of the Menzies Aviation Passenger Service Team you will be responsible for checking in passengers for flights at the ticket counter and gates; as well as verifying passenger documentation, assigning seats, providing gate information, checking baggage, and assisting passengers with their issues in the airport. This individual must adhere to Menzies Aviation uniform guidelines and codes of conduct.
- Watch Our Passenger Service Agent Video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVc2TWd8pfM
- Assist passengers with check-ins, verification, gate information, baggage claims, and any other passenger issues in the airport
- Interpret identification labels along with baggage and cargo routing tags
- Host self-service kiosks
- Ensure that all work areas are organized
- Keep a positive attitude while offering assistance
- Ensure the safe and secure operations
- Some bending, stretching, pushing & pulling
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Must be comfortable lifting/moving up to 70lbs of cargo and baggage
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time at the ticket counter and gate check-in areas
- Must pass FBI background check and obtain US Customs seal
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Prior Customer Service Experience Strongly Preferred
- Intermediate Computer Skills Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Parking
- Uniform Provided
- $17.00 /hour
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily done indoors; however, the individual will be working near terminals with consistently open doors where harsh weather conditions could affect the indoor environment. The Passenger Service Agent team is provided a Menzies Aviation uniform including a long coat.
This individual must maintain a positive attitude when representing our company and communicating with customers within the airport.Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear.
Other tasks include lifting passenger bags up to 70lbs which could also involve bending and stooping. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70lbs.