We recruit the best talent and invest in their ongoing development, through training and mentoring. We provide opportunities to work across our national network. dnata catering U.S. is looking for a Receiving Clerk
to join our Nashville team supporting the Nashville International Airport.
Key Responsibilities as a Receiving Clerk
at dnata Catering company, you will be an essential part of our supply chain operations. Your primary responsibility will be to receive, inspect, and record incoming shipments of food, beverages, and other supplies. Your attention to detail and accuracy will ensure that all items meet our quality standards and are properly stored. Additionally, you will collaborate with various departments to address any discrepancies or issues with deliveries. Join our team and contribute to the seamless flow of goods, enabling us to deliver exceptional dining experiences to airline passengers worldwide!
dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services in 35 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day,the company handles over 1,900 flights, moves over 8,500 tons of cargo, books over 16,000 hotel stays, and uplifts over 320,000 meals.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accept deliveries from suppliers, check delivery against purchase order for accuracy & quality, broken or missing items, notify if incorrect, fill out documentation.
- Assist in breaking down skids and putting away raw materials.
- In a timely manner – correctly fill requisitions from stock/warehouse, (includes but not limited to food and non-food items, dry and wet goods.).
- Restock, move, and rotate stock within storage areas (refrigerated and non-refrigerated storage areas).
- Breakdown refuse containers for disposal.
- Maintain clean storage areas daily. Clean up spillage, and breakage.
- Ability to work as a team player – work with supervision at all levels.
- Work in safe manner to prevent accidents to self and coworkers.
- Assist with checking and auditing inventory when required.
- Comply with all HACCP/GMP and proper food handling policies and procedures.
- Pack racks and ovens when needed.
- Keep all walk-in’s organized and clean.
- Responsible for receiving all goods coming into the unit and putting it away.
- Assist all kitchen staff in getting all items for them.
- Ensure all PO’s are completed correctly.
- Other duties as assigned by unit Supervisors.
The salary for this position is [$$] hourly with weekly pay
, which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.EDUCATION
Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED with 2+ years’ of work experienceQUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Experience entering data into an ERP System
- Inventory and LIFO/FIFO knowledge required.
- Able to work in storage areas that is refrigerated.
- Strength to be able to move stock on flat surfaces and up inclined ramps. Use of hand trucks, lifts, pallet movers required.
- Able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Basic math skills required. Add, multiply, subtract, and divide.
- Must have prior warehouse/storeroom experience.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant attendance and punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.Physical demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.Work environment
The essential functions of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a strong workplace and community. At dnata, we’re proud that our workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve. And we’re committed to nurturing your talent with mentoring, volunteer and professional development opportunities. We welcome everyone. Our employee resource groups are one of the many ways we champion diversity and inclusion at dnata.