Manager of Aircraft Liaison Engineering is available in Columbus, Ohio. The Manager of Aircraft Liaison Engineering is a critical role within the management team supporting a large fleet of private jet aircraft. The Manager Aircraft Liaison Engineering position leads a team of aircraft subject experts and specialists tasked with providing technical and engineering expertise for various aircraft types, engines, components, and systems. The output of the Manager is delivering a proactive “hands on” technical support team that ensures daily and ongoing technical operations challenges are effectively and efficiently addressed.
Jet Select is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
The Manager Aircraft Liaison Engineering will serve on the Technical Services Team as a fleet level leader of Liaison Engineering. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop a fast-paced aircraft liaison engineering and fleet management team.
- Produce short term and longer-term aircraft engineering and technical solutions.
- Collaborate with Manager of Aircraft Reliability and Maintenance Operations to improve aircraft availability and reliability.
- Assess technical operations data and develop fleet level improvement initiatives.
- Maintain, control and track aircraft configuration, modifications and communicate changes to interfacing teams.
- Actively participate in regular Technical Review Board meetings and drive related initiatives.
- Promote and guide collaboration between technical teams and leaders.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop a strong technical network.
- Drive and influence aircraft and component continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures, controls, and interfaces for the Aircraft Liaison Engineering team.
- Support and assist with SMS investigations and provide guidance to supporting interim and longer term technical or process corrective actions.
- Present Aircraft Liaison Engineering progress status and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Coach and mentor Aircraft Liaison Engineering Fleet Managers and Specialists.
- Actively participate in the day-to-day operations as a solution provider and partner.
- Work with Engineering vendors to develop alternate means of compliance, coordinating with Maintenance Control and Quality Assurance to ensure repairs are expedited, accurate, and final documents have supporting documentation for the airworthiness and Return to Service and or Maintenance Release of the aircraft.
- Must be proficient in managing Minimum Equipment List (MEL) outcomes and support the petitioning of changes to the appropriate FAA Master MEL Steering committee.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
Bachelor’s degree in aircraft engineering or relevant industry experience.
- 5+ years of leading engineering, liaison engineering or technical fleet teams.
- 3+ years of selecting and developing engineering or technical fleet teams.
- Master’s degree aircraft engineering or relevant field.
- 5+ years of leading and developing engineering teams.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.