Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic
Location: Sennybridge, Powys Wales
Compensation: £28,924 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53896
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Mechanic at our Sennybridge site.
As a Vehicle Mechanic, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. With your skills and experience, you’ll be undertaking the servicing, repair, maintenance and overhaul of vehicles and electrical equipment, including diagnostic and inspection duties. You’ll also be carrying out equipment examination to meet production requirements.
Day to day, you’ll be carrying out work to the required standard and specification as detailed in accordance with customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, process plans and other technical publications. You’ll also ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose.
- Diagnose, inspect and assess vehicles and associated mechanical / electrical equipment in line skills & competency
- Ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose and un-used or new faulty material is returned to the section / department Team Leader as soon as it is identified
- Creation of job cards and demanding material where the relevant ERP (SAP) training has been completed
- Completion of vehicle and equipment documentation and test certificates / reports to current standards
This role is full time, 37 hours per week, based at our Sennybridge site.
Essential experience of the Vehicle Mechanic
- Previous experience within similar role is required
- Hydraulics experience
- Dealership / Local Garage experience
- A real team player with the ability to adapt and build rapport
Qualifications for the Vehicle Mechanic
- NVQ Level Three Service and Repair
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 06/02/2024